Marshall JCM 800 2210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM 800 2210

Are the Marshall JCM 800 2210 amps that were made in the late 80's rare? I put money down on one in my local guitar shop but it's broken and there's a chance it is irrepairable. If it is broken, would it be very difficult to find another one, or maybe even a 900 made from that same era in good condition?

Re: Marshall JCM 800 2210

I don't know if they're collectable or rare (I don't think so as they have clipping diodes which people tend to like less than the 100% tube JCM such as the 2204...etc...)
    But if it's repairable it's a nice amp. I have the 50watts combo version 4210 and I really really like it..

Comment

Not really rare. I've bought one off eBay and got a PM from a dude who wants to trade me his too. That's like two 2210's in a month's time, but maybe I'm just lucky. These amps tend to sound more brutal compared to the others, but that's only what I've heard. Hope to test it and give you a review if/when it arrives this week
      Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
      Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
      Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
      Marshall 2x12 Vintage
      Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

You know, for whatever reason I used to see them all the time (2210's that is) at daddy's junky music, ebay, bargain news... well ever since I decided I was going to buy one to send to Jeff Seal, all the sudden they're all gone! Seriously, I have the ****tiest luck known to mankind.

Oh well. I'm hoping i can find one at Daddys Junky Music used, because I have a friend who works there and said he would get me 50% off. I might even be able to trade my AVT50 head straight up for it at that price. Just gotta hope I can find one soon ******!
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

They're not rare, and are fairly easy to work on. There are a ton of guys who can work on the JCM 800's.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

I dont know about the rarity of them, but i have one and it is orgasmic. When i bought mine no sound came out, i replaced one of the fuses and it plays like a dream.(the fuses were 4 for $3.
            PRS Singlecuts
            Epiphone Sheraton II
            Vintage acoustics

Comment

Working...
            X