X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Lite Ash Strats

Originally posted by mrid
    Musician's Friend advertises them as "under 8 lbs.!"
    yeah, nice, 8lbs. If music mancan make a cut down strat (silhouette) at 6lbs, fender should be able to do it. maybe 'lite' was talking about the color?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ok this thread was posted about 2 Months Ago it seems,but if you guys are still viewing could you tell me if this is the guitar http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0265002 your talking about?? (or were talking about)

Because i just played this one in a musicstore yesterday and Holy Crud!
      By far IMO the nicest strat ive ever held , I think it was probobly the neck, it seemd much smaller then the standard strat ,(actually felt just about identical to my Wolfgang except for the Wolfgang having an asymetrical shape)
      Could anyone tell me the difference I felt was due to the smaller nut width?
      It says on the fender site that all the guitars i played yesterday had the Modern "C" Shape, but only the Lite Ash had a smaller nut width (as does my wolfgang)

Did I hear that its made in Korea? then mabye it was a little overpriced in that case (about €760)

Cheers Guys.
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3
      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Yeah that's it Steve.....750 pounds??? I'm not sure of the conversion rate, but that's a ton of dough!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
          Yeah that's it Steve.....750 pounds??? I'm not sure of the conversion rate, but that's a ton of dough!
          LOl I know, irelands a Rip Off
          Its probobly somewhere like $900-$1000 , about $200 more than I paid for my Wolfie so im definitly not spending that amount on it, but it was a schweet geetar..
          Could anyone answer the Q I had in the last post about neck feel.

Ill have to look at ebay i guess
          Cheers
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
            I was impressed by almost everything on this series, except the finish. Due to it being on a natural piece of wood, the poly seemed to be rather thick. Disgustingly thick to me. For that kind of money I think I'd go with a Hwy 1 and the ultra thin laquer (not nitro, but nice nonetheless). But that's just me. I did think the birdeye maple and the abalone dots were beautiful on a few of the Lite Ash's I've seen.
            I agree, they are american made and sound and feel AWESOME +1 for the highway 1 strat. If they made a hardtail, I'd own one

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
              If they made a hardtail, I'd own one
              And I'll 2nd that!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

LITE refers to the color...these guitars (both the lite ash Tele AND Strat) are made by Samick...they are licenced the body and headstock shape and have a Fender logo slapped on them upon arival in the states...look at the tremolo...NO OTHER fender has a trem like that...same for the Tele box bridge, the neck profiles, guardplates, etc...sure they have Duncans...but it's kinda like polishing a turd isn't? I can't belive that Fender has the nerve to charge that kind of money for such a junky guitar...if you buy the one with the Samick headstock it's like a $239.00 guitar, slap somne Duncans in it and you have the SAME guitar for like $200.00 less... IMO It's just not a very good guitar. When I was shopping for my Tele I played one, the one I played had crappy frets, a cheep plastic nut, it weighted a ton, the neck was pure junk (it was like rubber), the guitar was just garbage...in truth I would have rather played a Squire. The ONLY saving grace was the Duncan pickups. Like I said I can't belive that Fender has the nerve to sell that guitar for that kind of money...sure it's not several thousand dollars, but it is WAY over priced as far as Im concerned. I also want it to be known that I am NOT ragging on Samick...in general most Samick guitars I have played have beed good bargins...I just feel like the guitars they are doing for Fender suck rocks!

The Fender MIM classis guitars are a much better bargin as are the Highway One guitars or you could pull a GJ...and if you dont mind it being used simply troll Ebay until you can grab a used American Standard for around $500.00, and let that guy take a hit on buying a new guitar!

Remember, pickups is a quick/easy fix...but if the guitar is still crap they you have tried to polish a turd!
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                  LITE refers to the color...these guitars (both the lite ash Tele AND Strat) are made by Samick...they are licenced the body and headstock shape and have a Fender logo slapped on them upon arival in the states...look at the tremolo...NO OTHER fender has a trem like that...same for the Tele box bridge, the neck profiles, guardplates, etc...sure they have Duncans...but it's kinda like polishing a turd isn't? I can't belive that Fender has the nerve to charge that kind of money for such a junky guitar...if you buy the one with the Samick headstock it's like a $239.00 guitar, slap somne Duncans in it and you have the SAME guitar for like $200.00 less... IMO It's just not a very good guitar. When I was shopping for my Tele I played one, the one I played had crappy frets, a cheep plastic nut, it weighted a ton, the neck was pure junk (it was like rubber), the guitar was just garbage...in truth I would have rather played a Squire. The ONLY saving grace was the Duncan pickups. Like I said I can't belive that Fender has the nerve to sell that guitar for that kind of money...sure it's not several thousand dollars, but it is WAY over priced as far as Im concerned. I also want it to be known that I am NOT ragging on Samick...in general most Samick guitars I have played have beed good bargins...I just feel like the guitars they are doing for Fender suck rocks!

The Fender MIM classis guitars are a much better bargin as are the Highway One guitars or you could pull a GJ...and if you dont mind it being used simply troll Ebay until you can grab a used American Standard for around $500.00, and let that guy take a hit on buying a new guitar!

Remember, pickups is a quick/easy fix...but if the guitar is still crap they you have tried to polish a turd!
                  Thats strange, Because the one I played played really great, The Neck felt better to my hands than any other strat i'd ever played, and it seemd pretty light too. mabye it was a one off good player..
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                    Thats strange, Because the one I played played really great, The Neck felt better to my hands than any other strat i'd ever played, and it seemd pretty light too. mabye it was a one off good player..

I have played a few and to be honest, I would hope tha you'd get 2 for that price...maybe you just found a good one!
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                    X