X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Coolest Guitars of the SDUGF

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
    some of my favorites are XSSIVE's copper LP,

and tattooedcarrot has probably sold more cool stuff than the vast majority of us will ever own
    What's ironic is that I also sold that copper LPC to XSSIVE,

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      well, i like the 'finely crafted' part...'aged', not so much...
      I'm sure some of them are "finely ripened". mine isn't but some of them have to be.
      Wes Montgomery is the cat.

New quote finally:
      "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
      -sosomething

Comment

My Pearl Pink Carvin X220C is one of the coolest guitars I have ever played.
        She plays like butter, resonates like crazy, has tone for DAYS and is so light it feel like a toy this thing is just ALIVE!! I have owned several X220's and other Carvins over the years but none of the others ever played and sounded like this one. Pinky is one SCARY good ax!!!

Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          well, i like the 'finely crafted' part...'aged', not so much...
          I could not have said it better myself!!

Comment

PLease see above statement ^

New quote finally:
            "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
            -sosomething

Comment

[QUOTE=Ascension;2280386]My Pearl Pink Carvin X220C is one of the coolest guitars I have ever played.
              She plays like butter, resonates like crazy, has tone for DAYS and is so light it feel like a toy this thing is just ALIVE!! I have owned several X220's and other Carvins over the years but none of the others ever played and sounded like this one. Pinky is one SCARY good ax!!!

You want to know how I know you are gay???

Comment

Are those double pole pickups?

New quote finally:
                -sosomething

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
                  What's ironic is that I also sold that copper LPC to XSSIVE,
                  haha, yeah. whats your current lineup at the moment? theres a bunch of stuff i know youve gotten rid of that id definitely put in this list
                  Originally posted by Aceman
                  It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by anewdefguitarist View Post
                    i want that....badly. i'll trade you my V for it!!

its clear!!
                    anewdefguitarist I want to see the Dillion Acrylic V please!
                    Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
                    If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Since it's been mentioned, and because I think it's cool as hell here is my 82 Moderne.

Awesome!
                      Originally posted by Lucid_Lunatic
                      If you think an Epi is as good as a Gibson, you're probablly not old enough to find the clit yet.

Comment

Heck, if we're posting pics...

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Quite straightforward eh?

New quote finally:
                          -sosomething

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
                            Wattage had a tele painted by forum bro butnut. The guitar is metal flake awesomeness with flames galore. Of all the guitar pictures ever posted on SDUGF, this is by no small margin my favorite.

Wow cool! Glad you liked it, it is now in JMoose''s arsenal though
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                              Wow cool! Glad you liked it, it is now in JMoose''s arsenal though
                              I gotta get some pictures of that soon... its not accessible at the moment.

Back in May when I took this ESP to the NY Amp Show a lotta people including Andy Fuchs said it was the coolest guitar they had seen all day. Its a filthy pig of a workhorse... I almost never clean it or any of my rides. The bastard lovechild of a 335 and a Lester but with a maple neck. Pickups are Gibson P94s w/ CTS & orange drops and sound GREAT in this thing.

J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                              mixer|producer|recordist
                              mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                              All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

These 2 guitars of mine are cool to me because thay have been in my life for a long time. They are the remains of a 1974 Telecaster Custom and a 1969 Strat. They had both been modified when i bought them way back in about 1980-2. They've both had hard lives in my younger years and have both been 'reverse relic'd' more recently and are now treated with much love and affection. To anyone else, they may not be cool. I dunno. The Tele's bridge pickup died years ago and has been replaced with a Fralin, but i am thinking about getting the original pickup rewound. The Strat has BKP Irish Tours and a Callaham bridge.
                                Last edited by crusty philtrum; 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM.
                                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Working...
                                X