The Coolest Guitars of the SDUGF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Coolest Guitars of the SDUGF

Finally got a good photo of my baby. Got ahold of some studio lights (the bright ones) and used a bit of post-production tools to round out the colors and "digitally enhance" the image to more lifelike colors and hues. I think it turned out mighty fine. OPEN OFFER: I'd be glad to "touch up" pictures that you don't think capture the magic of your babies. I know a few tricks to bring out the quality you can lose from a digital camera. PM if interested.

And I say it's cool because there aren't too many H/H strats that are actual FendersŪ, and not another company's superstrat. It's become the envy of a few guitarists at the high school.

And btw, I DIGG the lipstick tube strat above. Very classy look, very retro.
    Last edited by El CHupacabra; 10-31-2009, 01:19 PM.
    Wes Montgomery is the cat.

New quote finally:
    "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
    -sosomething

Comment

I can't believe mine wasn't nominated, seeing that I keep her in pristine showroom condition.

and in action...

Originally posted by tone4days
      we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

^^Oh man, that strat is rockin'! Total nomination worthy.
        - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

If you meant mine, thanks quite alot.

New quote finally:
          "You can check the inherent resonance of an acoustic guitar by farting into the soundhole."
          -sosomething

Comment

Originally posted by El CHupacabra View Post
            If you meant mine, thanks quite alot.
            Both yours and Bill's. I'm not a strat guy, but I love a good strat that shows it is being played, and modded to it's owner's desires.
            - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Wow
              First I wanna say TC's guitar with EMG's is incredible.
              And what are the pickups in your strat El Chupacabra?
              And **** Bill! That Strat is **** great! The finish is awesome and I simply love it.
              Frank
              - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
              - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
              - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
              Originally posted by Curt
              Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

mine has the ever popular pair AlnicoIIPro/PearlyGates. Works like a charm.

New quote finally:
                -sosomething

Comment

How in the world did I miss this thread?!

Cool guitars guys!

Since it's been mentioned, and because I think it's cool as hell here is my 82 Moderne.

Personal forum favs of mine include Curly's Strat and Tele's with Trons, Wah Wah's Strat, Luke's Strat or ES330 (can't decide), Lew's TriCone as well as several of the killer kool pieces owned by both Wattage and Butnut.
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I don't have any cool guitars, just an Epi Les Paul studio, it's worn in but it's laughable next to all these guitars.
                    -izlame-

Comment

I got an idea mr. Ninja Monkey: smash it into a wall, chip off some of the finish and then dunk it in tea. THEN it'll look cool.

New quote finally:
                      -sosomething

Comment

Originally posted by El CHupacabra View Post
                        I got an idea mr. Ninja Monkey: smash it into a wall, chip off some of the finish and then dunk it in tea. THEN it'll look cool.
                        Step 1 & 2 is already done, so I guess my guitar's 2/3 cool, so...

Comment

Ha ha still a nice guitar Mr Ninja!
                          Frank
                          - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
                          - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
                          - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
                          Originally posted by Curt
                          Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankyBoy View Post
                            Ha ha still a nice guitar Mr Ninja!
                            The redeeming factor is, it plays awesome and it's a tone beast on the bridge pup. Thanks Mr. Duncan.

Comment

I've always wanted an LP along those lines. Simple and efficient in what it does. Although most of the LP's i've tried aren't built for me. I've been spoiled by the Fender C-shape stratocaster neck, and anything not C-shaped just feels foreign.

New quote finally:
                              -sosomething

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
                                A couple Warmoths I built for you to ponder (sold them all)

Love them! Dayum the last one!

Comment

Working...
                                X