Need a couple of 500k Push/Pull pots for my LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a couple of 500k Push/Pull pots for my LP

I'm having serious trouble just finding ANY 2 MATCHED long 500K pots at all, let alone quality ones and now push-pulls are all the rage. Right when I need 2 highest quality 500K longs and cannot find them. Everybody's gutting their L.P. Std.! Who wants a PCB when you can use replaceable Bourns pots? I just can't, after months and months, find 4 high quality pots that are long shaft. There is no way to tell beyond sight that what you buy on ebay or amazon, some guitar shop that when I turn my Bridge volume down to 5 and my Neck down to 5 that the sound quality and volume will match. Can I not "safely" buy pots without testing 100 of them and sending back 96? My album has been held up because of the "pot shortage" - pun intended- WHY does Bourns, after Gibson has been making guitars which require long shaft pots since, what, 1980?, not make a long shaft push pull pot? I'm seriously hunting and finding one regular long shaft here, one there. They won't match. Doesn't matter too much with the push-pulls but when using Seymour Duncan Pickups, I'm not screwin' around with my components. Liberator? 500K long? Projections? Help? Scott? Love Ya! Just keeping you on your toes,
    As if you need it. ;-) T1

Comment

This is why I don't use push/pull knobs.

Comment

you'll enjoy the new tones available with the series/parallel push/pull pot.

Comment

Working...
        X