Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tell me about explorers.

I love my explorers, they are in one word "Comfortable"
    Mine both have super fast action and necks.
    I like how the neck joint angle fits the body, no high bridge stickin way up there.
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

The Gibsons are just ok. I have never played one that I fell in love with. Now Tha Hamer standards are KILLERS!
      Mine is a little unusual in that my "sorta" explorer is a 1996 Washburn Chicago Custom USA A-30. It's one of only a handful that were built ( likely less than 100) and is simply the best sounding 24.75 scale guitar I have ever had my hands on! Thick fat woody tone and sustain for DAYS!

Last edited by Ascension; 03-31-2010, 08:34 AM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
          gahh, i still want one of those edwards sykeses. especially after getting my edwards V, which has sold me on edwards forever

Yeah, Id love to have another edwards sykes and a V by them. good stuff!
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I've recently picked up a Firebird Studio with 2 full sized HB's so not a million miles from an explorer. I can't keep my hands off it. A real sexy babe. I've played an SG for years and once you get used to a guitar where the neck comes straight off the body it's not easy to play any other design. It's a BIG guitar though, makes my SG look like a ukelele. And it's GREAT for blues and just about anything else.

Comment

Working...
            X