Thinking About This Telecaster.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking About This Telecaster.....

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

In that finish as well...

I have my EBMM Morse up for sale and have a bro that wants to buy it but he has to sell his EBMM Axis first. I have been mulling around what I would spend the money on. I told myself that I didn't need another Tele. I thought I should buy an amp and maybe a cool Squier to mod. Then I was tooling around the Fender site and saw the above guitar. It's the only guitar, so far, to make me want to spend the sale money on one thing. My current Tele is a good Tele; but IMO, not a GREAT Tele. I'm always looking for a Tele that could be my signature Tele; the one that I, myself, might be known for.

What do you guys think?
    -Butch

Re: Thinking About This Telecaster.....

I've been wanting one of those for about two years or so. I personally like the aged cherry sunburst.

Comment

I hear ya on trying to find your own instrument- I've been hit with that feeling over the past year or so. I've got it pretty well narrowed down now, but it took me forever to figure out.

I played one briefly a few days back Butch. They are extremely well built, and extremely playable w/ the compound radius and heel cut, etc They have some other features I personally don't care for (just a preference thing), but if YOU dig it, then go for it.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Looks good. I'd take the white one in a heartbeat.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

yeah, white ftw.
          What do you dislike about the current tele?

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
            yeah, white ftw.
            What do you dislike about the current tele?
            It's just kind of "meh". It's an American Series. It's a nice Tele but with not much personality; if that even makes sense.
            -Butch

Comment

here's a faded cherry for $1K:

I considered a great deal on a sunburst, but in the end, the thin "Modern C' neck is a deal breaker for me these days.
              Last edited by Curly; 07-06-2010, 08:19 PM.
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

Compound radius fretboard Nice! Fender finally got some leverage from owning Jackson I guess.
                "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Comment

I've played several. One of those guitars you play and think "****, ill never own something like this". buy it if possible.

Comment

This tele.....

is awesome! Go for it. Find one that speaks to you and don't look back.

Comment

I don't know if they have changed these but the couple I tried had a huge chamber under the pickguard which basically turned it into a thinline with a plastic sound board. The pick ups sound just plain bad as well, but a set of Seymours will fix that.
                      "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

Originally posted by John_L View Post
                        I don't know if they have changed these but the couple I tried had a huge chamber under the pickguard which basically turned it into a thinline with a plastic sound board. The pick ups sound just plain bad as well, but a set of Seymours will fix that.
                        The 'ole swimming pool route. I like those because I mod my Teles so much. They allow me to put in any pickup config I like. In this guitar, however, I would keep it stock. Maybe a set of Duncan Vintage Stacks over time; who knows....
                        -Butch

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Snyder View Post
                          I'm always looking for a Tele that could be my signature Tele; the one that I, myself, might be known for.
                          It's just kind of "meh". It's an American Series. It's a nice Tele but with not much personality; if that even makes sense.
                          You owe it to yourself to check out Creston.

Read his "About Me", and if his approach appeals to you, call him.

An e-buddy of mine just got a guitar from him and is amazed. The e-buddy has had nice guitars, from Fender Custom Shop stuff to small builders, etc. and the Creston is the one. Here is his, finished with a hand-painted motif from Sarah Ryan:

my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

The 'ole swimming pool route. I like those because I mod my Teles so much. They allow me to put in any pickup config I like. In this guitar, however, I would keep it stock. Maybe a set of Duncan Vintage Stacks over time; who knows....
                            This is more than a pool basically there is nothing under the guard at all.
                            "If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to him again." ~ Stan Laurel

Comment

If I had to buy blind I would go for a guitar that doesn't have a pool route.

I would also check on what kind of truss rod is in there. If they renovated the Tele neck to have compound radius I could easily imagine they put in a double truss rod. If they do that's another "play before you buy" issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X