X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Tele Content

Hey all.

My main guitar for many years has been this one:

She's a 1992 Standard Telecaster. Made in Mexico, Poplar body, one piece maple neck, Standard Fender Tuners, top load bridge. The stock electronics are gone and the pickups have been replaced with an EMG 81/85 set. The Pickguard is now black.

In short, I LOVE this guitar and have been searching for another to act as a backup of sorts, but with a more traditional tone.

I found one! 1992 Standard Telecaster, Made in Mexico. Lake Placid Blue.

Please excuse the pics, they are just pulled from the craigslist add. I picked her up last night for a song and did a quick clean up and setup. She's a dead ringer for the black one as far as playability is concerned.

The Electronics have been upgraded and the saddles have been replaced on the bridge, but the pickups are stock and everything else seems to be un-molested.

Once the honeymoon period has ended and I know that she's a keeper, I will start figuring out a pickup combo. I have a pair of Hotrails for Tele that I might use along with a multi-pole switch to get a myriad of coil combinations from vintage to modern, or decide if I want to get some true singles, like a Broadcaster and a Vintage Rhythm... Maybe a pair of DiMarzio True Velvets... The EMG Tele Sets are interesting too, or maybe Bardens... ACK! So many choices!

Anyway, I'll post a couple of better pictures this weekend.
    www.lockwireguitars.com

Re: NGD! Tele Content

Woah. Your new acquisition is sweet but I think that first one is way sexier. I don't even like EMGs either. It just looks right.

Comment

big x2!
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

CONGRATS! Thats' a nice-lookin DUO!

I'd second your idea to get the Broadcaster/Vintage Rythm(i love mine) ....the classic sound will match the classic look!

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan View Post
          Woah. Your new acquisition is sweet but I think that first one is way sexier. I don't even like EMGs either. It just looks right.
          Thanks for the comments on my old beast! I'll post a newer pic of the black one when I post the ones of the Blue one.
          www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by elscorcho View Post
            CONGRATS! Thats' a nice-lookin DUO!

I'd second your idea to get the Broadcaster/Vintage Rythm(i love mine) ....the classic sound will match the classic look!
            I'm kind of leaning that way. The "Vintage Pearloid" guard is going. Probably going to replace it with a more standard 3 ply white/black/white one.
            www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

AWESOME color for a tele dude! I think the broadcaster idea with the two sets of h-rails would be killer. If it was mine, I would probably rock the rails in the bridge with a phat-cat in the neck, but either way, she look gorgeous, and if she sounds as good as she looks, you are lucky.
              - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                AWESOME color for a tele dude! I think the broadcaster idea with the two sets of h-rails would be killer. If it was mine, I would probably rock the rails in the bridge with a phat-cat in the neck, but either way, she look gorgeous, and if she sounds as good as she looks, you are lucky.
                I haven't plugged it in yet as I got home too late, but the body has great resonance.

I'm leaning to all vintage (Broadcaster Lead/Vintage Rhythm or True Velvets) to match my Parts caster with the True Velvet Strat set, at least in a Traditional Tone idea, as the Black Tele is my metal Tele, but I do love the HR for Tele...
                www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

That there is slicker'n wet ice!
                  When I got back into playing fifteen years ago the guitar I bought was a poplar body '92 standard Tele. I upgraded the electronics, installed a set of Texas Special Tele p'ups and made it a string thru. I still have and reach for it most of the time.

Last edited by bluesbend; 08-27-2010, 08:26 AM.
                  " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
                    I haven't plugged it in yet as I got home too late, but the body has great resonance.

I'm leaning to all vintage (Broadcaster Lead/Vintage Rhythm or True Velvets) to match my Parts caster with the True Velvet Strat set, at least in a Traditional Tone idea, as the Black Tele is my metal Tele, but I do love the HR for Tele...
                    Consider a Broadcaster lead with an STR-2 neck p'up. I have this set in one of my parts'oTele's and it is fantastic.
                    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

Ah nice one!
                      The old one looks great!
                      Another pickguard on the blue will look good!

Comment

Nice! You have a Tele that matches my LPB Strat!

And yeah, parchment guard that thing ASAP.
                        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbend View Post
                          That there is slicker'n wet ice!
                          When I got back into playing fifteen years ago the guitar I bought was a poplar body '92 standard Tele. I upgraded the electronics, installed a set of Texas Special Tele p'ups and made it a string thru. I still have and reach for it most of the time.

[ATTACH]19771[/ATTACH]
                          Why did you make it string-thru? A big part of the charm of the old ones is the top-load bridge! I won't even consider a post 1998 (I think, it's around there) one of these as they switched to String-thru bridges. They don't resonate as nicely and feel a lot stiffer, to me anyway.
                          www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                            Nice! You have a Tele that matches my LPB Strat!

And yeah, parchment guard that thing ASAP.
                            Beverley called it "Matt Blue"

Parchment is a great idea!
                            www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
                              Beverley called it "Matt Blue"

Parchment is a great idea!
                              Fender agrees. My LPB Strat came with a parchment guard stock.
                              Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                              Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                              Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Working...
                              X