Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD! Tele Content

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
    Fender agrees. My LPB Strat came with a parchment guard stock.
    AllParts make a 3 ply Parchment guard. I'll order one next time I buy stuff from them!
    www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
      Why did you make it string-thru? A big part of the charm of the old ones is the top-load bridge! I won't even consider a post 1998 (I think, it's around there) one of these as they switched to String-thru bridges. They don't resonate as nicely and feel a lot stiffer, to me anyway.
      At the time I was under the impression that a Tele should be string through. Ive tried bacck to top load a couple of tims, I prefer it through.
      " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

As Promised... New pics!

The pair together:

The new gal:

And the old faithful:

www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

I love it with that pearloid pickguard. That's the same color as my Squier Tele. I need to put a pearloid pickguard on it. That really looks great.

Comment

Nicccce

+1 for the pearloid.
            - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
            Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
            The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Those are some sweet Teles. I so wish I could get along with the Fender scale cause I have always had a love for the Tele and the way they sound. That double hum with the EMG's looks pretty sick!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                I love it with that pearloid pickguard. That's the same color as my Squier Tele. I need to put a pearloid pickguard on it. That really looks great.
                I'm replacing the pearloid with 3 ply parchment. I'll PM you once I've done that and you can have this one for the cost of shipping.
                www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Congratulations mate

Nice to see Teles in different configurations.

Comment

The one with the white EMG's needs a white 'guard. Or keep the black guard and swap in black EMG's. It's just not right the way it is in that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by bard2dbone View Post
                      The one with the white EMG's needs a white 'guard. Or keep the black guard and swap in black EMG's. It's just not right the way it is in that pic.
                      Black on black is too redundant, and white guards never match as the white EMGs aren't really all that white anymore.

Aside from the looks, these pickups aren't going anywhere. I've owned a lot of EMGs. By a lot I mean in the neighbourhood of 20 over the years.

These white ones for whatever reason are the best sounding ones I've ever had. I've had 3 different sets in this guitar over the years and this pair are by far the best.
                      www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
                        I'm replacing the pearloid with 3 ply parchment. I'll PM you once I've done that and you can have this one for the cost of shipping.
                        Well that sure surprised the hell out of me. Thank you very much. I really appreciate that!!

Comment

haha I can't believe I still have this account.

great tele my only complaint is the pickgaurd, which I see is going to be changed, so I is happy.

Comment

^^ Hey! It's another local!

Hey there Vancouverite!
                            www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

wheres the ngd for the strat trevor WHERE IS IT

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR View Post
                                wheres the ngd for the strat trevor WHERE IS IT
                                Danny? That you?

I actually took the Strat back. It was a dismal failure when I put it up against the Black on I built, and even against this blue Tele. I just didn't feel it was worth keeping a brand new $1000 guitar that was so easily out-classed by a parts guitar and a $300 18 year old guitar.
                                www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X