No announcement yet.

I HATE every single one of you who...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I HATE every single one of you who...

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
    Thanks to those of you who are extending you well wishes towards my new found SG crush. I'm really enjoying myself.

I'm amazed that this thread is still happening. Most of the content has nothing to do with what I was trying to say (which was not meant to be an enlightening thread to start with), but I think it's a very interesting read. I think this thread brings to the table something very interesting, that has to do with my original post.

I mentioned in the original post that the PRS was better than the SG on paper, in every way. What this thread has made me realize is that what is better has no true physical representation in guitar form. It's all different formats and tools to achieve the same goal : to get what's in your head into other people's minds.

I think if there is a lesson to be learned from this thread, is that debates about what design, or piece of equipment, or what ever variable, should not be a question of debate, but rather a question of discussion, so we can understand how others approach the craft, and maybe learn a little bit from what they are doing, while keeping an open mind. I did with the Gibson, and it payed off. One day, I also hope to own a nice tele. Maybe I'll bond with it, and progress in my journey.

Anyways, my hippy love-all rant is over now. Hope you all find a guitar that makes you as happy as the lineup I have at the moment. Nothing beats the feeling of an instrument becoming an extension of creativity! Cheers!
    Nice post Bro-

FWIW- I was just throwing a little gas on the fire because when people are so blatantly ignorant to post things like some did in this thread, it's my nature to egg them on. I apologize for doing so in your thread, but I get a real kick out of watching people talking out of their @$$/making fools of themselves on the internet.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Screw you Phil, you're wrong!
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I have also come to the point where I am on a quest to try and acquire an ideal guitar for me, that fits into so many of the common molds... a shredder, a fusion-ish type guitar, jazz/blues box, country twanger, metal/alternative rock, and those sorts of things. Its crazy to limit yourself to one type of guitar and nly go after one type of playing style or what only that type of guitar can offer you. Yeah, you can technicaly play anything on any guitar, but some do differnt things better than others and I dig having a diverse lot of guitars that reflects my diverse taste in music and is why I do not listen to others who voice their opinion like scientific proof.
        Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
        Ibanez RG1570 Custom
        PRS McCarty STD
        '71 Gibson SG Custom
        Bogner Alchemist 2x12
        Vox AD15VT

Comment

Originally posted by super rad stuff View Post
          i bet you and i would make a great ska/punk/rock guitar duo

No doubts there.
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

You don't run an autocross course with a Ford truck, and you don't pull a boat with a Miata --- but that does not mean they suck; it means they have a thing that they do, and they both do their thing damn well. It's just not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
              You don't pull a boat with a Miata.
              Wish I would have known this three transmissions ago. On the plus side, apparently this joke means I have a boat.

Comment

You don't run an autocross course with a Ford truck, and you don't pull a boat with a Miata --- but that does not mean they suck; it means they have a thing that they do, and they both do their thing damn well. It's just not the same thing.

but people do...
                -=The Dali
                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Screw you Phil, you're wrong!
                  Well duh. We all know that. I just keep posting so others can be ''righter" by contrast.
                  - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                    Well duh. We all know that. I just keep posting so others can be ''righter" by contrast.
                    You think that's fun, try being a John Mayer fan on The Gear Page!

Comment

• Re: I HATE every single one of you who...

You think that's fun, try being a John Mayer fan on The Gear Page!
                      LMFAO.

Literally just spit soda everywhere.
                      - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                        Without Fender, Gibson would never have sold the piss out of all those Les Pauls when people heard Led Zeppelin I
                        awesome

Comment

WTF?

I've owned a bunch of very expensive guitars in my life and I've never been as happy as I am now, and I have a bunch of "junk". I do love my SG, but my customized Reactor (tele) isn't that far behind.

Comment

Working...
                          X