Sensei Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sensei Build

I still think that the pickguard brings the whole thing together really nicely!

Congrats man!
    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
      I still think that the pickguard brings the whole thing together really nicely!

Congrats man!
      Oh you have no idea how it did! Before I made the pick guard I layed all of the hardware out on the body. With all of the gold on the white, I was like; "Oh $hit". After I got the guard made and on, it really made a huge difference in the look of the guitar.

On that same thread...

Look at the little piece of pick guard between the bridge and the bridge pickup.

When I layed out the pickguard, I designed and cut it out it in one piece. I then cut that off to fit in the little space. I wasn't sure if I was going to use it or not, but w/o it, the guard didn't have the right look. The straight edge at the top was too short and didn't flow right, and the radius at the bottom around the knobs looked unfinished. That little sliver serves no purpose what so ever, but it just looks right with it in place, and without it, the guard dosen't work at all.

Comment

Well Christmas is just four days away and I can not wait till Saturday when he gets it. I'll let you all know what he thinks of it.

I feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas to get here. I almost can't wait!

Comment

I was looking at the forums here again this evening and I forgot I had posted this here. He got the guitar on Christmas Eve. He opened the case, picked it up, looked at it all over up and down, front to back, top to bottom for like two minutes then said, (and I quote), "Wow".

For the next two days it hardly left his hands till he had to put it back in the case so they could go home.

We went down a couple weeks ago for his high school graduation. Here's a picture of one of his friends playing it.

Comment

That's awesome! Gotta feel good to know your labor is well-appreciated!

Comment

that is one of the coolest guitars ive ever seen, but if it was up to me there would be no pickguard
              i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

No way, the pickguard makes all the difference.

Congrats man!!!
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

+1 on what KeeperOS said. I have some pictures of the body w/o the pickguard on it as I was making it...

And as you can see, the pickguard I made makes it.
                  Last edited by J_48_Johnson; 06-18-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I edited it by putting in the second picture.

Comment

just my opinion, looked like the old double cutaway univox's, i love that look
                      i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                        just my opinion, looked like the old double cutaway univox's, i love that look
                        Do you mean the hi-flier? If so, I guess the picture w/o the pick guard does look kind of like them.

To me the Sensei w/o the pick guard was screaming NOT FINISHED. lol Too much white.... too much gold. It needed something to offset those two things, and I think the tortise shell pick guard does that wonderfully.

Comment

Working...
                        X