Looking for a H-S guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a H-S guitar

I'm looking for a good (pro or semi-pro) metal guitar with a humbucker at the bridge and a single coil in the neck. I hope you can help.

Here are the imperatives :
    NO middle pickup
    NOT an Ibanez
    Floyd Rose tremolo
    24 frets
    25,5" Scale
    6 string

Here are my preferences :
    NOT bolt-on
    alder or mahogany body
    passive pickups
    price below 2000 USD
    Not a signature model ^^

The only ones I know right now are the ESP Forest GT and the ESP LTD MH-327
    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
    Don't ask.

Re: Looking for a H-S guitar

You could always get any of the zillions of HSS superstrat with a pickguard and swap the guard to one cut for HS. . .
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      You could always get any of the zillions of HSS superstrat with a pickguard and swap the guard to one cut for HS. . .
      Seems the most practical route short of building from parts.

Comment

Just go for any HH guitar that meets your criteria and put either a Phat Cat or a conversion ring in the neck position.

Boom, limitless options.
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

What I'm planning to do right now is to get myself a Jackson RR24 and just carve another hole at the neck for a single coil pickup but I'd prefer something less "destructive" ^^... anyway, nice idea with the pickguard but I have problems with pickups that are mounded directly into a pickguard, besides most pickguards look awful but it's an option I will reconsider
          There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
          Don't ask.

Comment

I believe there are some ESP George Lynch models that are set up with the H-S configuration.

Comment

True but his graphics are fugly IMO -__-'
              Don't ask.

Comment

My vote is for an older Hamer Californian. The playability of those guitars is mind boggling. I love mine.

Comment

You sure are damn specific. Get an SG and rock the **** out of it!
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

page hamilton sig is pretty close minus the floyd, it does have a trem though

Comment

Too bad you said not Ibanez. Joe Satriani has 24-fret HS guitar just like you describe.
                      Otherwise there are some good Jacksons,unfortunately I forgot what models offer HS configuration.
                      Variation of Dinky or Soloist maybe?
                      Originally posted by GuitarDoc
                      Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash View Post
                        What I'm planning to do right now is to get myself a Jackson RR24 and just carve another hole at the neck for a single coil pickup but I'd prefer something less "destructive" ^^... anyway, nice idea with the pickguard but I have problems with pickups that are mounded directly into a pickguard, besides most pickguards look awful but it's an option I will reconsider
                        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Technically its a sig axe, but I'd check out the Ron Thal Vigier.

BCR Draco V

You can custom order a H/S option from carvin. It will cost you $100 extra on top of the guitar's price.

There's also a Jackson PC1
                          18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_seven View Post
                            Too bad you said not Ibanez. Joe Satriani has 24-fret HS guitar just like you describe.
                            i was just starting to type the exact same thing, but saw "no ibanez" in the criteria. if it's the fact it's a bolt on, their AANJ is great. if you've had bad experiences with them, their MIJ models are awesome. all i've owned have been flawless. if it's the thin neck then i can't blame you, but 99% of neck through guitars are going to have ridiculously thin necks.
                            Last edited by JaySwear; 10-25-2010, 11:01 PM.

Comment

the Laguna Greg Howe
                              18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

Working...
                              X