Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel So Cal

Originally posted by Hoboman View Post
    I tried out a couple of used ones at GC. The necks did feel great but the upper fret access was really lacking.
    If you feel the upper fret access on those is lacking, then you'd absolutely hate a Les Paul.

Comment

Agreed. Midgets.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Hoboman View Post
        I tried out a couple of used ones at GC. The necks did feel great but the upper fret access was really lacking.
        The trick is to actually move hand over to that end of the fret board...it works.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

And avoid used gear at GC. Setups are individual, and even most factory setups are an acquired taste.
          Originally posted by Brown Note
          I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            If you feel the upper fret access on those is lacking, then you'd absolutely hate a Les Paul.
            I've owned several Les Pauls and didn't care for any of them. I played SG's exclusively from around 1982 til 2008.
            I now play a Hamer double cut but I also have a Peavey HP Special. It has a bolt on neck but a little better fret access than the Charvel I tried.

I definitely liked the Carvel. I seriously considered getting one before I got my Peavey. I really like the Tele body style and the price is right on them. One of the best deals available on a quality guitar.

Comment

Working...
            X