banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a looong time, but...new guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's been a looong time, but...new guitar!

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
    The only thing I can fault is the pickguard isn't a triple ply. A single ply just looks cheap.
    +1. Yeh, it looks like a Gibson guard.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Love the spalted and the rootbeer. Very nice guitars guys.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

very glad you dig it! Yeah I ALWAYS hear that the agiles are worth more than the price asked... You dont get that much
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
          very glad you dig it! Yeah I ALWAYS hear that the agiles are worth more than the price asked... You dont get that much
          Definitely. When I got it today, I played it for a bit and I thought it had 10s on it. I grabbed my real Les Paul that has tens, and they felt so much lighter. Turns out the Agile had 11s, but still played so nice. I restrung it tonight with 10s and not only does it play better, but it sounds better as well. Now I can say that the bridge pickup is a great sounding pickup. Still not too crazy about the neck, but the bridge is great. Thin on leads though, but I'll be fixing that with the ol' Mo'Joe (I hope). Again, when I strap on the real deal, I can feel the difference, but when playing the Agile for awhile, you get caught up in it and just have fun playing it. It will never "feel" the same as my Les Pauls, but my Pauls are/were very heavy and the lighter Agile feels wrong, if you get what I'm saying. The action is just as nice as my 75 but it has a different feel. It's its own guitar.
          My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
          or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
          http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
          700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

congratulation!!! awesome guitar.. really beautiful the body is really special and unique.. would you sell it?

how does it sound? I'm sure it sounds like heaven in hell

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
              Here's my rootbeer AL-3100

it's a "wide" neck one and I love it!
              Wow I'd say!

@OP: Cool guitar w/ that Spalted Maple!
              Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Man that's a pretty top!
                '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine View Post
                  Man that's a pretty top!
                  Thank you! The guitar looks nice too.

[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/67fury/big****nbubblegum.jpg[/IMG]

700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                    ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! THIS LOOKS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

Then again, I admit to being biased...

Happy new guitar day my friend, play it in good health!
                    Nice Axe!

I love the Michael Kelly Patriot Limited:
                    -Bookmatched Spalted Maple top
                    -Body mounted Pickups
                    -Ebony fingerboard
                    -String through body
                    -Real abalone inlays
                    Not many guitar have all of this going for them without paying thousands for a custom.

I think they're one of the better LP copies out there. I think I like the curve of the upper bout even better that the LP's. I been jonesin' for one ever since I gave my kid my (Tiger Eye Patriot Premium converted to passives) for his 12th birthday.
                    "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Great looking axe!
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
                        Nice Axe!

I love the Michael Kelly Patriot Limited:
                        -Bookmatched Spalted Maple top
                        -Body mounted Pickups
                        -Ebony fingerboard
                        -String through body
                        -Real abalone inlays
                        Not many guitar have all of this going for them without paying thousands for a custom.

I think they're one of the better LP copies out there. I think I like the curve of the upper bout even better that the LP's. I been jonesin' for one ever since I gave my kid my (Tiger Eye Patriot Premium converted to passives) for his 12th birthday.
                        Yeah, great playability and tone to boot (STILL haven't swapped pickups, I will eventually but not really high on my priorities as these ones are pretty good!)
                        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
                          Definitely. When I got it today, I played it for a bit and I thought it had 10s on it. I grabbed my real Les Paul that has tens, and they felt so much lighter. Turns out the Agile had 11s, but still played so nice. I restrung it tonight with 10s and not only does it play better, but it sounds better as well. Now I can say that the bridge pickup is a great sounding pickup. Still not too crazy about the neck, but the bridge is great. Thin on leads though, but I'll be fixing that with the ol' Mo'Joe (I hope). Again, when I strap on the real deal, I can feel the difference, but when playing the Agile for awhile, you get caught up in it and just have fun playing it. It will never "feel" the same as my Les Pauls, but my Pauls are/were very heavy and the lighter Agile feels wrong, if you get what I'm saying. The action is just as nice as my 75 but it has a different feel. It's its own guitar.
                          If loving the Agile is wrong, you dont wanna be right... haha Sounds like a killer axe! I prefer a substantial feeling guitar, even tho I have a glass back.
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            If loving the Agile is wrong, you dont wanna be right... haha Sounds like a killer axe! I prefer a substantial feeling guitar, even tho I have a glass back.
                            Oh, no doubt I'd rather sling a Gibson Les Paul over my shoulder, but it's kinda like the difference between a Ferrari and a Vette or Viper. Sure, the Ferrari is the top, the peak, the pinnacle, but the others sure are purty and perform better than most--and cost a fraction of the price, lol.

Also, if the Agile gets stolen or banged up at a gig, I'll be angry, but I won't be a broken man like if anything ever happened to my Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
                              Thank you! The guitar looks nice too.

[IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/67fury/big****nbubblegum.jpg[/IMG]

Now I forgot what this thread is about . . . . . . oh yeah, nice Agile.

Comment

Working...
                              X