Yep...again...Edwards LPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yep...again...Edwards LPC?

Edwards LP neck are similar to Gibson's production 50's neck. Fatter than thin, but not fat, if that makes sense. They do feel a little different to me, but I'm pretty in tune with Gibson necks so maybe that's it, or maybe its just a mental bias I don't know.

Comment

my sykes was close to 60s neck. not at all unlike my trad pro.. I cannot play fat 50s necks at all, so that was a big concern to me before buying it. Since I got mine used, the seller (a forum bro here) was able to clue me what it was. Now I have heard and read that some of the edwards have large necks.

fortunately, many of the japanese sites that sell them are pretty good about telling if they have a 50s or 60s neck. (or you can get from edward's site)
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        I cannot play fat 50s necks at all
        I would not consider Gibson production guitars with 50's necks to be fat at all. They are not as thin as a 60's slim taper, but they are nowhere near the baseball bats that are found on the Historics.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot View Post
          I would not consider Gibson production guitars with 50's necks to be fat at all. They are not as thin as a 60's slim taper, but they are nowhere near the baseball bats that are found on the Historics.
          That's what scares me. The 'production' 50s neck on my 05 Custom was one of the top 5 most uncomfortable necks I've ever played. My buddy's R7 and R8 are bigger but more comfortable, somehow. Still, not what I'd pick for myself but I was just saying. What happens if I buy this thing, pay $100+ to have it shipped from Japan, and then it's uncomfortable? Why is it that the only LP I've ever really gotten along with is my '****ty' pancake Norlin?

This is good. I'm well on my way to being talked out of this purchase...

Comment

As a Les Paul alternative, they are a good value- As a Les Paul replacement I did not find them all that great. Tokai, Burny and such are much better reproductions and have correctly carved tops, size of body, binding size, etc. Mine had the lacquer over poly and was as dull and dark as they come tonally- not bright at all. It did play brilliantly and the fretwork & nut work was as good or better than my USA Hamer, USA PRS', and USA Dean all costing $1100-$2100 more.

Also the necks on the Edwards are pretty beefy certainly beefier than typical 70s Gibby necks- 59 style profile as was my Tokai. It's not a profile I care for as it aggravated my CTS big time- it's deep but not as much shoulder like a 58 neck, which I happen to like.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

If you get it and dont Lub it, Im sure you could roll it.

Jeffb mentioned Burnys... Yep Yep! Luv my Burny! Interesting note. Ive heard that the new Burnys arent as good as the old (diamond head inlay), but they must be ok cuz thats what Duff plays in his band. I imagine Duff can afford a Gibby or 10.
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X