Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alright guys, name me some amps...

Originally posted by FretFire
    Thanks guys, those are going down on the "to look up" list. 2 or more channels would be a plus. Right now, the top contenders are the Koch Multitone, VHT Pitbull, and Mesa Mark IV. But, I still have a couple months to think, so those are just initial thoughts.
    the spalwns almost give you 3.5 channels

1 clean
    1 dirty with 2 overdrives
    and 1 solo boost...that works like a solo boost should...you can set it as loud as you want it and then step on the button and go back to rhythm...

EVH is GOD

check out the Splawn Fans Forum at http://splawnfans.proboards38.com

Comment

Details on the Framus would be nice, you can go through PMs if you like.

About the splawns, are they more of plexi or brown sound, or a smoother high gain? I'm really looking for a tight, focused rhythm sound with a lot of clarity (as much as I hate to admit it, I like some of the tones off the new Chevelle album and I know he uses a Mark IV, but that's just one facet to consider in the amp search). I'd like to be able to coax some nice lead sounds out too, but I realize a pedal can help get those.
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

<cough> Rivera </cough>

Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

The Bogner Shiva seems to be a bit outside my price range, but would be killer as well.
          There are a few Shivas on eBay at the moment that might go in your price range.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Which Rivera do you use aleclee? The Knucklehead has been recommended to me...

Comment

Off to the depths of page 2 already... bump.

Comment

Off to the depths of page 2 already... bump.
                in the effort of getting fretfire to look at a splawn i have to tell my story...

for the past 2 or 3 years i've been playing a vetta head with my cover band because i need to cover many bases...and that thing is very versatile...it can fool tube snobs but there's something about playing a tube amp that i miss...last night i plugged my pod xt into the splawn quick rod and it sounded almost as versatile...because of the clean channel you can get some pretty good cleans using the clean amp sims of pod xt along with the tube sound of the splawn...

as for dirty tones the straight tube sound of the splawn is great for me...maybe throw on a tube screamer patch from the pod xt if you want to do anything heavier than metallica...the new pod xt live (the one that comes as a floorboard) is even more versatile because you can use the wah and bypass all the amp sims and just use the distortion of the tube amp with the effects of the pod...i'm about 85% there to selling my vetta and just using this rig...need to tinker with it some more...but i'm impressed (of course i'm sure this can be done with any multi channel amp but the splawn gets me the tube tones i always wanted and has a great solo boost)...worth checking out...

it's pretty versatile...i didn't think anything would get me to start thinking about selling my vetta...because of its versatility ..but i'm pretty close...best of both worlds...tube sound with modeling effects...

EVH is GOD

check out the Splawn Fans Forum at http://splawnfans.proboards38.com

Comment

Soldano Avenger head !

Single channel beast, use either clean or lead one.

JCM 800 on steroïd from Soldano !

Use a 2x12' vintage 30 loaded cab and that's it !!!
                  Pickups used :
                  Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
                  PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
                  PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
                  PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
                  PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
                  PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
                  PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
                  PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
                  PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
                  Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
                  Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
                  SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

Working...
                  X