X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gibson Pics

Here it is. Plays Looks and Sounds like a Million Bucks!;

\

Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-18-2011, 06:08 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: New Gibson Pics

This one has a better tone than your last one? I guess that would prove the variability of Gibson's. Unfortunately you can't change much with a set-neck or neck-through.

Comment

Copycat!!

Does your guitar smell as good as mine? My RD smells better than any Gibson I've ever bought. It doesn't quite smell like most of my Gibsons. It has more of a vanilla type smell to it.

Anyways, congratulations. I hope you keep this one.

I've been thinking of putting some nickel/chrome covers on my pickups. I really like the Dirty Fingers in it, so they're not going anywhere.
      Last edited by JOLLY; 02-18-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

It appears as if these guitars of the month are factory runouts. They are all over the place in weight ( Jollys is 10+, my friends is 9.6, this one is only 8.8 ( bah! was hoping for a heavier one), and my last one was even lighter..and if I am not mistaken, generally the heavier, denser Mahogany is your better tonewood. Also, my last one had a Rosewood fretboard, all the other ones I've seen are Ebony.
        Gibson has certain parameters and quality controls for their wood bodies, so I really had no need to off my 1st one- it sounded fine, and played just as good as this, but I did sell it for a small profit and payed my extortion (-er- taxes) with it, and just put this one on credit.
        Great guitar in every way at a very good price- got mine for under 9 bills total.
        And as for being a copycat, thats just ridiculous.
        Chrome covers do sound cool though..think I'll do it!
        Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-18-2011, 06:34 PM.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

yeah

you definitely dont need that XPL anymore
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
            yeah

you definitely dont need that XPL anymore
            I can send you the XPL, but you've got to cut me a better deal. I'm willing to throw in the Wards Supro amp, but ive got to be able to include something else. Were not far apart here..we can make this work. I'm thinking if I throw in my Sunn s100 we could cut a deal here.
            If you agree to the Sunn as part of the package deal, I'll send them all out Monday.
            Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-18-2011, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Congrats!
              BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
              Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
              Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
              Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
              Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
              Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
              Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
              Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
              Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
              Gibson EBO

Comment

Classy ****!

Comment

You and Jolly are p1ssing me off with those RD's. I want one! Of all the weird shaped guitars, those have got to be my favorite.

Out of all the Gibsons, those look the best with double black pickups.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I've never liked the looks of those guitars....untill now thanks for the gas
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
                    Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                      I like it, man. Congratulations.
                      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

I've always liked those rd guitars. The reissues seem like they're much better than the originals ever were. Congrats!
                        Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                        Originally posted by Zerberus
                        Better is often the enemy of good
                        Originally posted by ginormous
                        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
                          I've always liked those rd guitars. The reissues seem like they're much better than the originals ever were. Congrats!
                          The old Maple bodied RD's were boat anchors ( except the Bass is fantastic for slap funk..the BEST!). Forget the ones with the stupid Moog electronics.
                          They are decent collectors pieces though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                            Out of all the Gibsons, those look the best with double black pickups.
                            And I've been seriously thinking about putting chrome covers on mine.

Comment

Wow that's a wicked design. I've never seen one of those before. Congratulations on the nice guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X