Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Gibson Pics

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
    And I've been seriously thinking about putting chrome covers on mine.
    I've been thinking of putting a Raiders decal helmet on my pickguard.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

And I've been seriously thinking about putting chrome covers on mine.
      I would too. Almost every humbucker I own is nickel covered, except one zebra set and one black one.

How are the pickups in those? I'd probably just get aftermarket covers that fit Gibsons, and solder them on.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        I've been thinking of putting a Raiders decal helmet on my pickguard.
        do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          I would too. Almost every humbucker I own is nickel covered, except one zebra set and one black one.

How are the pickups in those? I'd probably just get aftermarket covers that fit Gibsons, and solder them on.
          The covers are only like $12 each. However, I just remembered that I have a chrome covered 498T/490R set. I can take those covers off.

Comment

Hell yeah!! I'm going to do it. I just did a quick mock-up, and I like the way it looks. I usually don't like the look of chrome/nickel covered pickups on solidbody guitars. I really like the way that's going to look on my RD.

Last edited by JOLLY; 02-21-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

That looks great with the chrome covers! How do these guitars balance on a strap? I'm starting to get GAS myself now!
              -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
              I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

This is one of the rare occasions where Gibson got it right recently.

Dirty Fingers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are they sounding for you?

The chrome is secksy Jolly - do it.

Been Gassing for a Silverburst of some sort lately...This is not helping.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Chrome is pure class on that guitar. I wouldn't a thought a that. The originals had covered pickups and its just right. Props to Jolly.
                  "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Copycat!!

Does your guitar smell as good as mine? My RD smells better than any Gibson I've ever bought. It doesn't quite smell like most of my Gibsons. It has more of a vanilla type smell to it.

Anyways, congratulations. I hope you keep this one.

I've been thinking of putting some nickel/chrome covers on my pickups. I really like the Dirty Fingers in it, so they're not going anywhere.
                    That's funny man, so did my Gibby when I bought it. The smaell's faded from the guitar now, but the case still reeks of taht bourbon vanilla. Good thing I enjoy both :P
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    1973 Aria 551
                    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      The chrome is secksy Jolly - do it.
                      I'll do it sometime this week. Actually, I need to do a bunch of messing around with some pickups. I about need to devote an entire day to it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X