No announcement yet.

NGD, Tele GAS satiated (for the moment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD, Tele GAS satiated (for the moment)

Sorry for the horrible pics, the crappy old iphone is all I have available at the time, my wife hid the camera somewhere and I can't find it.

I have been looking at Tele's for a while after a hiatus from gear collecting. I have always wanted a Butterscotch Blonde '52 and when I played this guitar, I was done, she had to be mine. It is a Fender FSR Butterscotch Standard Telecaster, yes it is MiM. Now, normally I am a made in USA snob, this guitar however gives me pause to open my yap less and play more. Not only is it exceptional sounding and playing... it has a 1 piece Ash body that is just gorgeous, I know the figuring doesn't show through on the crappy pics but hopefully it will later with the good camera (better pics to come). This guitar should BE the standard Tele that the Mex. factory is making. It plays great, feels great, looks great and sounds great. Going to get some callaham saddles or GFS six saddle bridge but besides that it is great. The stock pickups sound fantastic....

I had not even heard of this guitar until I saw it in the store and started doing research on the spot (thank God for 3G service). If you are a Tele fan and you have a chance at one of these guitars, grab them while they last. I am seriously impressed.

Check out the vid to see and hear more of this model Telecaster from ProGuitarShop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5YRtlz1Dc

Here are the specs (they are hard to find):
    Fender Standard Telecaster FSR 2011
    Model Number 014­0112­350
    Colour (350) Butterscotch blonde
    Finish Polyester
    Body Ash
    Neck Maple, Modern 'C' Shape,
    (Satin Urethane Finish)
    Fingerboard Maple
    Frets 21 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Fingerboard radius 9.5" (24.1 cm)
    Neck Finish Tinted Gloss Urethane Finish
    Nut Width 1.650” (42 mm)
    Scale Length 25.5" (64.8 cm)
    Hardware Chrome
    Tuning Keys Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
    Bridge Vintage Style 3-Barrel
    Pickguard 1-Ply Black
    Hot Tele Single-Coil Bridge Pickup with Alnico 3 Magnets
    Hot Tele Single-Coil Neck Pickup with Alnico 3 Magnets
    Reverse Control Plate, Master Volume and Tone, 3 way switching

-Jordan
    "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Re: NGD, Tele GAS satiated (for the moment)

This

is

great

!

Really, a Tele how I like 'em ^^. Congrats !
    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
    Don't ask.

Comment

thats rad, i love that tele finish.

Comment

Also did I mention this Tele can be had for $459.99 USD? Yeah, that's right...

Comment

Sweet. Gotta love FSR

Comment

Nice - congrats on a great axe. Now, make it wail!
            -Butch

Comment

Congratulations!!

Comment

congrats!!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Awesome guitar! Great Price! Congrats! Thats the color I want! I wonder if they make that in lefty? Edit: Nope
                  Last edited by donahue; 02-22-2011, 10:41 PM.
                  Originally posted by Jessie Sammler
                  I don't have an ignore list. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can't learn something from people who annoy me.
                  Originally posted by JOLLY
                  This is the dumbest thread that's ever been on this forum. It makes this place look like a bunch of damn idiots. Just run this place into the ground why don't you. You're like a bunch of 12 year olds. This thread is sooooooo DLT'ish that it's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by donahue1 View Post
                    Awesome guitar! Great Price! Congrats! Thats the color I want! I wonder if they make that in lefty? Edit: Nope
                    Seems like the lefty's miss out on a lot of love, sorry man...

Comment

Don't make me look it up .... what is FSR?

Nice axe, Jordan. I like the 9-1/2" radius. Are you going to stay with 9's?
                      I thought the A3 pups that came w/ my Hwy One sounded good, but the Vintage Duncans really made my smile. They're not hot, but they sound incredibly sweet.

Do you miss the trem, or did you ever use it on the RW strat?
                      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                        Fender Special Run, usually custom finishes/hardware for GC-only.
                        www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

Nice, man! Congratulations. I'm totally jealous. Enjoy it.
                          I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post

Nice axe, Jordan. I like the 9-1/2" radius. Are you going to stay with 9's?
                            I thought the A3 pups that came w/ my Hwy One sounded good, but the Vintage Duncans really made my smile. They're not hot, but they sound incredibly sweet.

Do you miss the trem, or did you ever use it on the RW strat?
                            I still have the RW Strat Robert, put WAYYY too much into that Strat to get rid of it.

I already put .10's on the guitar, 9's are too slinky for me, tho they sounded decent.

The A3 pups are not bad honestly. Not sure what I will do there, gonna shop around a bit and see what I come across that I like. I will probably take my time changing the pups as I am FAR less versed in Tele pickups as I am strat pickups...

Comment

Working...
                            X