Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tremolo Pedals, where to start?

Originally posted by the guy who invented
    If you want to do the SF/BF Fender tremn thing, and you don't want to spend big money...get the Boss, it sounds great, it built BOss Tough, and it's a cool green colour!!!
    Not to mention those cool *brass coloured* inserts in the knobs, unlike the aluminum colour stadard in those older style BOSS knobs ... The BD-2 has them also ... cool!

Somebody mention a PN-2 Tremolo/Pan from BOSS on ebay ... Don't get the PN-2, you'll hate it, most of the useful range is from 5:00 to 2:00, anything under that is too slow ... the reall slow stuff is for the panning, but who really uses that ... plus the triangle or square wave option blows, the TR-2 is adjustable from one to the other, and anywhere in between. The Demeter's claim to fame (or part of it) is that there is a trim pot inside there in which you can change the on to off (loud to soft) ratio of the sweep, I do wish BOSS had incorporated that function as it's kida interesting as some of the original fenders weren't exactly symmetrical in the sweep.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Fulltone Supa-Trem

There's only that many effects out there - might as well go for the quality stuff!

Bee
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Thanks alot guys for all of the great info! You've given me more than enough options to look at. Now the fun begins, pick just one!
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I'm real happy with my voodoo labs pedal. It's got a really nice sound, can be slow or fast, and didn't break the bank either. It's a keeper.

Now, I'm thinking about the sparkle drive and microvibe.

Comment

On the high-end of trem units, you could go with Bob Bradshaw's from Custom Audio Electronics. If you listen to Gov't Mule, you can hear his unit all over Warren Haynes' live and studio work.

I think it is $399.

Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
              What are some good Tremolo pedals to look at?

I just installed the Area 51 BMT-60 Deluxe in my Framus Ruby Riot, and it IS vintage Fender tube tremolo.
              It rocks... I posted some clips in this thread.

The settings on it were about 60% on speed and depth. The speed change is via the speed stomp switch...
              No pedal can touch it man, I've tried, but this is the real deal.
              My Site
              My Gear

Comment

Working...
              X