banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trading my ESP Horizon FR for an ESP Eclipse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading my ESP Horizon FR for an ESP Eclipse...

I like the Les Paul shape and I'm a bit tired of the floyd rose system... Should I trade my ESP Horizon for an Esp Eclipse? Is it a good trade?

this:

for this:

Re: trading my ESP Horizon FR for an ESP Eclipse...

Well, if you prefer the LP shape and dislike the Floyd... I'd say go for it.

I know both guitars very well, they are for different uses but they are the same quality. They just pwn.

BUT keep in mind that you'll lose two frets (and switch to battery powered pickups, but that's just my little devil, I want passives everywhere ^^').

If you don't NEED the two extra frets, I'd say DAMMIT go for it ^^. Otherwise, think of it twice... LPs with 24 frets exist, like the Epihone Prophecy series (but I've heard not so good things about them) and ESP LTD models that are all very nice as well.
    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
    Don't ask.

Comment

thanks mate
      I still am not sure about the trade. The Horizon is a bit more expensive than the eclipse because the Horizon is neck-thru and the Eclipse in set-neck.... mmm, actually I need to see the other guitar and 'feel it'.

Comment

yup
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

that horizon looks great, but if you want to switch to a TOM bridge i'd seriously consider the trade. i've seen a few of those eclipses, they're never cheap but all felt and sounded good off the rack; if you decide to get another horizon you have several options at the moment.

Comment

I'd take the Eclipse for anything minus an Explorer.
            Originally posted by jmh151
            I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
            Originally posted by jeremy
            like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
            Originally posted by grumptruck
            Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
            Sometimes not read.
            dats hard

Comment

Originally posted by SamusChief View Post
              I'd take the Eclipse for anything minus an Explorer.

Yup, we all know that by now ^^

crguti, the ESP Eclipse II is one of my favourite LP-style guitars. It's simple, it sounds awesome, it has an awesome neck (much thinner than Gibson LPs) and it's LIGHTWEIGHT.

I love both Horizons and Eclipses anyway, I'm a ESP dude ATM ^^. As I said earlier, they are for different uses, but you can't go wrong with them.

What kind of music do you play ?
              There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
              Don't ask.

Comment

I'd say go for it. If the values is not equal, have him offer some cash to make it fair. That's one hell of a guitar. The nice thing is that you can actually change tunings with ease instead of being stuck with one tuning with the FR. It may have 2 less frets but at least to me, it's not noticeable.
                Originally posted by grumptruck
                No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                Originally posted by Gear Used
                PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                Mesa Stiletto Ace
                Gurus 5015
                Mesa Widebody 1X12
                Pedalboard

Comment

i love the ec1000..just an incredible guitar.
                  play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

that see thru black is nice...i dont like white guitars so i would not personaly do it.,but thats just me...the guitar is very nice... if you like it...pull the trigger on the deal.
                    Last edited by ravendouglas; 03-04-2011, 09:44 AM.
                    play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

These are cool too,,, when you can find them....

!

Comment

The purple one is coolsome indeed ^^. I like semihollows as well, but I'd prefer the black version rather than the green one. There's so many choices out there

Now back to crguti... take a Saturday to rush through the guitar shops near you, if none has an Eclipse, you live in the damn desert ^^
                        Don't ask.

Comment

I have owned a lot of MIJ ESPs. I just sold an FR-II. Over the years, I've found that I have preference for 25.5" scale. I like the fret spacing, tension, and "snap" of 25.5" better than 24.75". For that reason, if I liked a Horizon, but wanted a fixed bridge, I'd go for an NT-II. But if you're cool with what is pretty much an entirely different guitar, then go for it. Those Eclipses are beauties. 22 frets would be a bonus to me personally. I seldom use the last 4 frets anyway, and I'd happily sacrifice two frets to get the neck pickup sound of a 22 fret guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash View Post
                            Now back to crguti... take a Saturday to rush through the guitar shops near you, if none has an Eclipse, you live in the damn desert ^^
                            That's exactly what I did yesterday... I tried the Eclipse in the guitar local shop... and it is a sweet guitar. Today, the dude is gonna come to my house to check the guitars, if the Eclipse is in good shape, i'm gonna trade it.

Edit: first time I see a semihollow ESP Eclipse. Beautiful guitar.
                            Last edited by crguti; 03-03-2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

The semihollows aren't on the website, and I doubt that they still are in production, but they look aahsum indeed ^^.

Hope you end up with the guitar as you want it
                              Don't ask.

Comment

Working...
                              X