banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trading my ESP Horizon FR for an ESP Eclipse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trading my ESP Horizon FR for an ESP Eclipse...

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
    [ATTACH]23454[/ATTACH]
    i love the ec1000..just an incredible guitar.
    Hate to break it to you man, but the EC1000's aren't even close to an actually ESP Eclipse. ESP are leagues ahead of the LTD series. DOn't get me wrong, LTDs are very solidly good guitars, I've previously owned 5 of em, but that's like trying to bring a Faded Gibson Studio into a conversations about Gibson Les Paul Customs.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
      Hate to break it to you man, but the EC1000's aren't even close to an actually ESP Eclipse. ESP are leagues ahead of the LTD series. DOn't get me wrong, LTDs are very solidly good guitars, I've previously owned 5 of em, but that's like trying to bring a Faded Gibson Studio into a conversations about Gibson Les Paul Customs.
      no new news there...the ltd is a very acceptable guitar for me even though it is esp's entry level,import line.....i would love a see thru black flame top esp eclipse.
      play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by ravendouglas View Post
        no new news there...the ltd is a very acceptable guitar for me even though it is esp's entry level,import line.....i would love a see thru black flame top esp eclipse.
        As would I. As Would I.

I wouldn't call you EC1000 entry level. Anything below the 400 series is entry level and usually made in Indonesia. These have cheap parts and a less than Ideal finish.

The 400-1000 series is upper mid range. These have quality parts, finishes, electronics and pickups. Nothing really needs upgraded, come great stock.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

I sure LOVE my Eclipse! I'm definitely a fan of the ESP brand period... but this guitar is just so sweet and sexy! I've been eye-balling a white one as a second/backup eventually myself.

"Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

You know the Eclipses are awesome but you would be trading a lot of flexibility if you traded the Horizon which is an awesome guitar. I think you should keep the horizon. It's one of the best tremolo guitars there are. Trade another other non-floyd guitar for an Eclipse and make sure to get the Eclips II with the passive pickups. Those sound amazing, pretty much like a weight relieved Les Paul.

Comment

Working...
            X