Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: -= NGD =- The Black One cometh...

Originally posted by B2D View Post
    Your guitar was actually my inspiration for using speed knobs in the 1st place!

Cool! I've done half the ESP/Ltds that I've owned with speeds and half with bells. I MUCH prefer the speeds for feel. And ultimately, that's what matters most to me.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Diggeth, sir! Those gold EMG's look cool as hell too. I wouldn't change a thing!
      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Congratulations!! That's a nice guitar. It's too bad that you'll sell it within six months.
        It is very sexy, but I have to agree withg Jolly you will sell in about six moths time
        Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
        Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
        I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
        Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
        Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
        Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
        Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
        Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
          I have always wanted a nice LP style guitar, but nothing the Gibson made has ever suited me very well.
          Yeah I remember that goldtop LP you had a couple of years ago.
          Originally posted by Vincent Vespa
          Dirtbag is only half full of dirt. There rest of him is full of awesome.
          I'm as happy as a Tornado in a trailer park!! \m/

Guitar: Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
          Charvel 275DX (Single coil Custom JB, Lil'59 in neck)
          Fender Std Fat Strat MIM (Crazy8 in the bridge, Lil'59 in neck)
          Amp: Line6 Spider2-30 watt
          Lil 5 Watter from Hell AX84 Hi-Octane
          Effects: Boss SD-1 DIY TS9 on Steroids MOD

Comment

Sweet! Definitely a GAS-ifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtbagg View Post
              Yeah I remember that goldtop LP you had a couple of years ago.
              Errrr... I never had a Goldtop LP. I had a silver one at one point, though.

Comment

I've been using this guitar in recording... consistently solid performer. Great tone, perfect intonation, and very clear sounding despite being so powerful. I think I may try the EMGs with the 18V mod just to see what it does, however.

Comment

FWIW, I've found that the effects of the 18v mod aren't heard as much on the 85 as compared to the 81. Still might be worth trying, though!
                  www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

What is the 18V mod supposed to change ?
                    There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
                    Don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS. View Post
                      The law states that if your guitar's low E is tuned to C#, you are required to play the main riff of Into the Void at least once a day. If you don't already know it...LEARN IT!
                      Exactly what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash View Post
                        What is the 18V mod supposed to change ?
                        Gives alittle more body and headroom. It isnt an earth shattering difference, just alil more organic feel if you are used to passives.
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
                          FWIW, I've found that the effects of the 18v mod aren't heard as much on the 85 as compared to the 81. Still might be worth trying, though!
                          Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          Gives alittle more body and headroom. It isnt an earth shattering difference, just alil more organic feel if you are used to passives.
                          It's pretty easy to do if you've got some spare battery clips lying around, which I do. If there's one thing I could ask of these pickups it would be to clean up a little better with the volume rolled back on the dirty channel.

I've got some spare cash... I'm starting to wonder how my main guitar (Silhouette Special) would sound with an 85/60A combo, or maybe two 60As.

I've got a spare pickguard lying around... I wonder what two 60As and an SA would sound like?

Maybe even some Duncan Mustaine Livewires? I've been wanting to drop coin and try those out for a looong time.

Comment

Working...
                          X