Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngg

That's right ....... New Guitar Gas.

I want a Duo-Jet(ish). I'm not sure which model - perhaps the one with the Powertrons. Actually, I can't quite decode the differences between some of the Gretsch models, but somewhere in that Duo-Jet/Power-Jet zone there is a guitar that I must have.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: Ngg

Great instruments. A favorite of mine has always been the Powerjet Firebird. Juts a sick, sick guitar that packs one hell of a punch.

The powertrons drive a little more than other Jet model pickups, and visually, she's a stunner. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the bigsby, I'd probably look at buying one.

If your stance is the same on the trem, then a good pick might be the regular powerjet.

- Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

I owned a Duo Jet and it was a beautiful guitar, I found it only had one sound though and it wasn't my sound.
      Pulse 2AM - YouTube
      Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

I saw a guy Wednesday playing one of the black models (I couldn't see from my vantage point whether it had a trem or not) through a Jackson Ampworks Britain. The sound was way beyond awesome.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by innerdreamrecords.co View Post
          I owned a Duo Jet and it was a beautiful guitar, I found it only had one sound though and it wasn't my sound.
          You know, that doesn't surprise me .... yet, that sound is one that is not available through a Strat or LP!

From what I've heard (and I've never played one) the Gretschs in that line will get close to the Rickenbacher sound. Some have a use for that and many don't.
          Last edited by Lazarus1140; 03-26-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

If you like the sound you'll like the guitar. The craftsmanship is amazing. I had the bigsby model.
            Pulse 2AM - YouTube
            Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

If you like the sound you'll like the guitar. The craftsmanship is amazing. I had the bigsby model.
              I would probably pass on the Bigsby. I love trems, but I don't like the idea of rocker or roller type bridges.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                I would probably pass on the Bigsby. I love trems, but I don't like the idea of rocker or roller type bridges.
                It was a pain to change strings! Good call.
                Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                  It was a pain to change strings! Good call.
                  Word. I don't know how much of a difference is present between the duo and power jets, but I guess playing them would probably help you figure out which one is for you.

Best of luck with your search!
                  - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

Working...
                  X