NGD Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Finally!

My Campellone Standard CSTM just came in! After ordering and canceling two Fender Custom Shop Teles (Fender really didn't have their act together), I broke down and ordered a Campellone archtop in September. Came in a few days ago and I've been so happy with it. I ordered it to Gibson Johnny Smith specs as follows:

17" lower bout
    20.5" shorter body length
    25" scale length
    1&3/4" nut width
    3" rim
    3 piece laminated neck
    Kent Armstrong USA Johnny Smith Floating Mini Humbucker....

Got it in a BEAUTIFUL blue-burst finish with a paua shell pickguard, pickguard-mounted volume and tone knobs and with a 5A maple back and side upgrade, and European Spruce top upgrade. Ebony parts (bridge, tailpiece, fingerboard etc). Additional strap button on the heel. Also added bound F-holes. Thing looks amazing! Plays and sounds great too. Mark makes excellent guitars. 13 gauge D'Addario flatwound strings. Gives me that middle-period George Benson type tone but it can do Wes and Kenny Burrell really well too. Anything jazzy it just nails. So excited and happy about it...I'll have pics up soon but check out their site - the gallery page you can see the blue ones. Really really cool! Thanks to Mark! Hope all is well with the Duncan forum bros!

- Nicky
    Last edited by Gunny47; 03-27-2011, 09:03 AM.
    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
    - Tungsten Buckwheat
    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Re: NGD Finally!

Is yours in the guitar gallery on the site? Or can you post some pics here? Sounds like a beautiful guitar!

Comment

Like this one?

"Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

That is a stunning guitar.
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Wow, what a beauty! Very very cool.

Comment

That guy has a nice shop!
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

- Blueburst Campellone Standard with my other blue gear...Blue Trailer Trash pedalboard, Henriksen JazzAmp 10, Pelham Blue DG 335

Here's a sneak peek til I get a non-crummy camera in my apartment. The ones in the gallery aren't mine. Those are the fancier Deluxe or Special series with inlays and all the extra binding and stuff. I really wanted a more understated looking guitar, especially without inlays or I would have gotten the Deluxe (see the 'Models' page)....

*edit*
              Last edited by Gunny47; 03-27-2011, 05:45 PM.
              - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
              - Tungsten Buckwheat
              - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

*edit*
                Last edited by Gunny47; 03-27-2011, 05:45 PM.
                - Tungsten Buckwheat
                - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

pics not showing bro...

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                  Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                  Celestion speakers
                  Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                  Too many pedals....

Comment

Ah thanks

Just edited them...How about now?
                    - Tungsten Buckwheat
                    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny47 View Post
                      My Campellone Standard CSTM just came in! After ordering and canceling two Fender Custom Shop Teles (Fender really didn't have their act together), I broke down and ordered a Campellone archtop in September. Came in a few days ago and I've been so happy with it. I ordered it to Gibson Johnny Smith specs as follows:

17" lower bout
                      20.5" shorter body length
                      25" scale length
                      1&3/4" nut width
                      3" rim
                      3 piece laminated neck
                      Kent Armstrong USA Johnny Smith Floating Mini Humbucker....

Got it in a BEAUTIFUL blue-burst finish with a paua shell pickguard, pickguard-mounted volume and tone knobs and with a 5A maple back and side upgrade, and European Spruce top upgrade. Ebony parts (bridge, tailpiece, fingerboard etc). Additional strap button on the heel. Also added bound F-holes. Thing looks amazing! Plays and sounds great too. Mark makes excellent guitars. 13 gauge D'Addario flatwound strings. Gives me that middle-period George Benson type tone but it can do Wes and Kenny Burrell really well too. Anything jazzy it just nails. So excited and happy about it...I'll have pics up soon but check out their site - the gallery page you can see the blue ones. Really really cool! Thanks to Mark! Hope all is well with the Duncan forum bros!

- Nicky
                      What... no Pics?? Mark makes great guitars. Glad your happy with it.
                      "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

all good bro...looks GREAT!

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
                        Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
                        Celestion speakers
                        Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
                        Too many pedals....

Comment

Sweet thanks man! Sure is one fun axe to play! Just lends itself to playing like Wes with the thumb. And the 1&3/4" nut makes chords more comfortable for me. A little goes a long way
                          - Tungsten Buckwheat
                          - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Man...that is exquisite! Happy NGD!

Comment

Bump to those of you who were asking about my Campellone Archtop/JazzBox! Link on top, some old pics in the middle! I'm gonna post some really nice, updated pictures of my gear (sig + Strat, Epi LP and Pedalboard) before I go back to school this weekend. Stay tuned folks!
                              - Tungsten Buckwheat
                              - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Comment

Working...
                              X