Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Yamaha GAS

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
    This is true, mine is better built than both of my Gibsons and sounds just as good albeit different.
    Do you mind comparing the Gibson and Yamaha so we can see the differences? I'm looking at a 1984 SBG1300T and am curious if it's worth checking out. It has the stock Spinex pickups, which sounds like a big plus.

Comment

Re: New Yamaha GAS

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
      Do you mind comparing the Gibson and Yamaha so we can see the differences? I'm looking at a 1984 SBG1300T and am curious if it's worth checking out. It has the stock Spinex pickups, which sounds like a big plus.
      Unfortunately I have no way of doing sound clips. However, my Gibsons are no easy push overs when it comes to going head to head with other guitars. First is a custom shop Historic '57 R.I custom , all mahogany, ebony board loaded with a Brobucker/ '59n which really does sing. This guitar has oooooozes tone, woody, smooth with lots of bite. The Brobucker sounds amazing in this guitar, clarity, definition.... a perfect balance of power and PAF tone, much better than in the Page! Next is a Page standard loaded with a BKP Crawler (similar to a C5) and a S.D Antiquity bridhe in the neck position. This is my number 1 gigging guitar and the one I feel at home with. So both great guitars, but the Yamaha is equally great.... it's better built with flawless attention to detail, sustains better, it holds it's tuning better and whilst it's a naturally darker sounding guitar it really does sing. When I installed the S.D's the guitar seemed to lack something? When you consider that I tried some truely great pick ups and then installed the original spinex ones that tells you something. On the subject of those Spinex pick ups, muy understanding is that the Spinex pick ups were expensive and were only used in the top line guitars although I don't know how true this is? I do not consider the Yamaha to be in ANY way inferior and is more than an equal. Hope this helps?

Comment

Working...
      X