NGD: Fudge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Fudge!

Right after posting THIS thread I got an email about a promotion at a mail order music store. I had been watching and waiting patiently for a certain Les Paul JR Doublecut to return to stock (the GAS was started a while back with THIS thread) According to their website the guitar was now in stock and the promo provided me with 16% off. So I bought it.........but.....

What I ordered:

What arrived at my doorstep today:

Sure, they're very similar and still in the JR/P-90 family....but it's not the stripped down, no BS, all business, take no prisoners, rock and roll machine I had my heart set on....Very nice guitar but I think it's gonna have to go back. I did try it out thru my practice amp and it provided me my first experience with P-90's and I'm diggin them! So it ain't all bad! I keep opening the case to take another look.........
    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Re: NGD: Fudge!

Congrats...sort of.

I really like'em both but if I had to pick just one, I'd have to go for the second one with two pickups.

But that's just me and that would fit just beautifully into my collection.

Is there much of a price difference?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Ah that sucks, man! Who did you order through? Maybe they could hook you up for messing this up.

Comment

damn factory workers.... "Hey this one's close enough ship it"
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

If this was my thread I would be keeping the mistake. But it ain't my thread. Dammit.

Comment

Man....except for the pics this thread as a certain sense of Deja Vu going on.

Anyone feel the same?

Rough call. They are both awesome....and the same color. Simple as dirt P-90 goodness, or neck P-90 goodness too? Man - rough call. Glad i don't have to make this decision.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

... I'm afraid I don't understand your logic
              Originally posted by gibson175
              metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I'd keep it... neck P90 tones are awesome....
                - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

keep it
                  Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

I'd keep it too, but I sympathise with your disappointment.

Comment

I would also keep her. But I do have a warm place in my heart for single pickup rockers.

Comment

Whether a neck pickup would be more versatile or not, he got something else than what he ordered, and that sucks. Imagine, you order a white guitar, and get a black one... fail !

Just do what you feel like. If the neck pickups grows on to you, and you end up using it, just keep it. But if you end up feeling uncomfortable with this guitar, send it back and ask for the one you first ordered.
                        There's so much gear I want that the whole list would make a highway to hell if it was ever written down.
                        Don't ask.

Comment

I'm waiting for an email from the store I bought it from. They had three in stock and are gonna check the remaining two to see if they are the same as what they sent me. I have a feeling they are. Anyway, I won't name names yet as they are being helpful so far, I will say it ain't Musicians Friend, or Guitar Center! The guitar IS growing on me and is does produce a nice variety of tones I didn't expect. I'm leaning towards keeping it but I don't want them to know that if you know what I mean! The can feel free to make it worth my while! I actually think it's Gibson's fault. The carton simply says "Les Paul JR Doublecut", not "Les Paul Junior Special Doublecut" which it actually is. The seller doesn't even carry this model except for the Historic series, which this is not.......Stay tuned! (if you wish!)
                          Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
                          "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

NGD letdown?!?!?! Where's Iceman????

Keep it man. I understand the need for a stripped down guitar, but it only limits the possibilities of the P90s.
                            Originally posted by grumptruck
                            No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                            Originally posted by Gear Used
                            PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                            Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                            Mesa Stiletto Ace
                            Gurus 5015
                            Mesa Widebody 1X12
                            Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by phil_104 View Post
                              I'd keep it... neck P90 tones are awesome....
                              Keep it! I have the Historic version of that guitar...the neck tone is awesome!
                              Originally posted by Zhangliqun
                              If I thought it would make it sound better, I'd dunk a Burst in the toilet.
                              Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                              But nowadays, everyone has to have a pedalboard that looks like the bridge of the starship enterprise to play Amazing Grace at church.

Comment

Working...
                              X