• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: keeley mods

Originally posted by Stratcat
    No pain, no Gain buddy.

I guess so buddy?
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Go ahead and pay out your a$$ for a Keeley mod if you want to. SD97 does a great job with fast turnaround time, all for a pittance. Great workmanship as well. I think some folks like the bragging rights associated with having work done by Keeley. He's gotten quite popular as of late. Not that his work is sub-par or anything...

Comment

the only thing i don't like about keeley is he makes EVERYTHING into a tubescreamer

I'm waiting for this one

"ever notice how the boss TU-2 is more like a tuner & less like a tubescreamer? This mod fixes that right up! And adds gain, volume, and a tone control.
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
          "ever notice how the boss TU-2 is more like a tuner & less like a tubescreamer? This mod fixes that right up! And adds gain, volume, and a tone control.

I do think his pedals all have distinct flavors but i think DHE is on to something... most of his pedals do seem to have that enhanced midrange property that I tend to associate with tubescreamers and I don't really like TS's.

I prefer BD2's in the 1st place because they DONT sound like TS's and are very transparent by comparison.

I wish SD97 did mods on BD2's and OD3's cuz if he did I'd send them off right away.
          Last edited by B2D; 11-22-2004, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X