SDUG Ultimate TELECASTER - Preliminaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDUG Ultimate TELECASTER - Preliminaries

I find it interesting that a couple of guys don't think G&L ASATs should be included, yet neglected to say anything about the Hamers.

I say go with the originally stated intention of judging it based on the Tele body-style.

G&L axes were built by Leo. How could you NOT consider them "Fender" guitars?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Ok - here is how i THINK it will shake out....

There will be a Fender poll
      There will be a Non-Fender/build poll
      There will be a legendary category - so far only one qualifies. Unless Springsteen joins by tomorrow evening.

There may have to be a Roxie preliminary round as well...
      Originally posted by LeStrat
      I find it interesting that a couple of guys don't think G&L ASATs should be included, yet neglected to say anything about the Hamers.

I say go with the originally stated intention of judging it based on the Tele body-style.

G&L axes were built by Leo. How could you NOT consider them "Fender" guitars?

I think my Hamer will be with the G&Ls, even though Leo Fender built/designed, in the Non-Fender poll eventually.
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I'm in favour of having a poll for traditional telecasters, regardless of manufacturer, and another for ones with humbuckers, different bridges, set necks or other features that make them entirely different from telecasters in almost every way other than body shape. I don't think anyone would be offended by having theirs placed in the second category and it keeps the competition fairly accurately categorized.

Comment

Ive accepted the fact that these are more or less 'show your guitar" threads as evidenced by some of these entries compared to others.
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
            I'll vote for this because I had one once and I regret it to this day. This is the only other one I've ever seen, freaking badass guitar. Mine was the gayest color, Bruin baby blue, yellowed cream binding, and a maple board with the big frets.

Where's Butnut's entry?

And where's the Peavey Reactors? Mine's in pieces right now.
            Last edited by King IzzO))); 06-20-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

actually heres a different one, my cabronita

sorry for the bad picture, i just finished it
              i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                I'll vote for this because I had one once and I regret it to this day. This is the only other one I've ever seen, freaking badass guitar. Mine was the gayest color, Bruin baby blue, yellowed cream binding, and a maple board with the big frets.

Where's Butnut's entry?

I appreciate it but I didn't enter! I can't hold a candle to some of the win in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                  actually heres a different one, my cabronita

sorry for the bad picture, i just finished it
                  that paint job is dawg - azz.
                  "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Remember, the Panzercaster rules you.

Comment

I will humbly submit my USA Custom Tele.
                      Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
                      CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                        Just for you, I'll enter.

It's since received Grover Rotomatics and a cream Lil' 59 neck. I'll put up better pics tomorrow.

Custom neck-thru strat
                        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                        1995 PRS CE24
                        D'avanzo #8
                        Breedlove Solo Concert
                        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I still have a Reactor . Its more comftorble then a Tele,easier to reach the high frets too.

Comment

Ok - back from the pool in Orlando. I'll be trying to get this up today...however many there are!

Got a little business this morning, then I should be able to get to. A few hours left for entry.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

If Fenders and non-Fender/build get separate categories, can I enter two?

If so, this one goes in the second category:

Schecter PT body, MIM neck, Duncan 59 set. My "other #1".
                              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Haha, I was kinda joking, but... Reactors!! Great guitars once you get rid of the sh!t tuners and straighten the hardware out (everything was crooked on mine).

Formula, you're right, that thing won't get a whiff, but it should.

Where's the Deluxes and Customs?

Comment

Working...
                                X