buzzing when i touch metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: buzzing when i touch metal

this is really aggravating, do you think that for some reason its not being grounded from the bridge?
    i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
      this is really aggravating, do you think that for some reason its not being grounded from the bridge?
      That not a issue because if it were not grounding from the bridge you would still get a signal but a lot of hum when you took you hands off the guitar

Comment

try disconnecting the bridge wire and see what happens?

Comment

i really am stumped on this one, not even the slighest idea what it could be, im guessing that since when i start grounding some of the signal with the pot, and i touch the knob it buzzes, so its related to grounding, but the ground is working fine,

another bit of info. for anyone, the pole pieces of the pup dont buzz when touched
          i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

I always hear metal when I touch my guitar.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

another update: dont know what this signifies, but whenever i take the jack out from the body of the guitar the buzzing greatly decreases, its an electrosocket style, so when i pull the jack out of the body, the buzzing goes down a lot, what does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                another update: dont know what this signifies, but whenever i take the jack out from the body of the guitar the buzzing greatly decreases, its an electrosocket style, so when i pull the jack out of the body, the buzzing goes down a lot, what does this mean?
                you are going to have to put up pics

Comment

Ground wire reversed on the jack.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                  @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                    Ground wire reversed on the jack.
                    thats what i told him he said he checked that? he needs to post pics because this over the net repair aint gonna work! LOL!
                    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-20-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

i'll get pics up really soon, like a couple of minutes, hold on a little bit

Comment

here are the long awaited pics

Comment

black marks signifies hot wire

Comment

Where is the white wire from the pu going to? i cant make it out? the white hot for the pu should go to the first lug of the pot.
                            Your ground from input jack to pot,the connection looks bad there as well?
                            I see a lump of solder on top of the tone pot? it does not look like a clean connection at all!
                            Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-20-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

The ground wires have to all be interconnected, and be soldered to every pot, toggle, and jack in a big loop. Miss one and you get noise. Maybe one of the connections isn't good (cold solder).
                              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
                                The ground wires have to all be interconnected, and be soldered to every pot, toggle, and jack in a big loop. Miss one and you get noise. Maybe one of the connections isn't good (cold solder).
                                Blueman thats what i was thinking. If you look at his groud to tone pot from input jack it is a blob of solder,looks like a bad connection to me?

Comment

Working...
                                X