• Show
Clear All

Re: Gravity Picks feedback

You can get em by emailing Chris.
    Here: [email protected]
    Woot!

Comment

Finally had practice today and gotta say the .75 Classic just wasn't for me. I couldn't get used to the feel, maybe because I use 1.14s and 2.0s. That being said I LOVED the 3.0 Striker. I have used a Dunlop for so long that it was hard to believe I liked this pick so much more. I'd grab one of my Dunlop picks, play a song, then go right back to the Striker. This may be my new pick for quite some time.
      Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
      he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Comment

Just got mine in today. I'll post up when I've had some time with it!

thanks for offering these up for free!
        Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I received my picks in the mail the other day. A Razer Mini in 3mm and a Classic Mini which is 1.75 mm. I've been super busy so, I haven't had too much time to really put these through a workout but, my initial reaction is definitely positive! Very similar in feel to the "other" acrylic picks but, as mentioned before I noticed that the "chirp" is not there. That was my main issue with the "other" guys' picks. I also dig the colors, I lost a few of the "other" picks by dropping them but, not these. Especially the Razer Mini - this little bastard is NEON green! You can't lose this one in the carpet!
          I'm actually very surprised by how much I dig these picks. The feel, the tone (no chirp!) is all there. I'd like to give a big thanks to Chris over at GravityPicks! Very cool thing of him to do and a smart business move. I can see myself placing an order very soon to try out a few more. I'm definitely interested in the Wave pick! Thanks again, Chris!
          -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
          I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Okay, got one of these Saturday and have spend some time with it, and a/b'ing with both the .60 Ultext I usually use as and the .73 Ultex that I bought a pack of a couple of years ago and can't manage to lose (whereas the .60s walk off all the time).

Chris sent me the .75 Classic. I told him up front that I couldn't really imagine liking it very much, because I like a thin pick. Thicker picks always feel clumsy in my hands.

I was right, but for reasons I didn't expect.

The .75 Acrylic feels pretty much EXACTLY like the .73 Ultex in terms of stiffness. Very, very comparable. But the smooth, rounded edge of the acrylic actually helps compensate for the thickness of the pick by gliding past the string. In that way, it's preferable.

BUT...

THe sound is very muted. That same smooth edge that makes for such a slick attack is also rolling off all the snap and bark in the sound. And that's one of my favorite things about Ultex.

Also, no matter how I adjusted it, I couldn't get used to the feel of acrylic in my hands. I tend to sweat when I play and the acrylic is so smooth that, combined with my greasy hands, it felt almost instantly slimy.

And while the feel was very similar to the .73 Ultex, the .60 Ultex was still by far my favorite. I like having a little extra flex in my pick. It's the most natural form of compression for me.
            ---------------------------
            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I really liked the gravity picks. I got the classic standard. It was really nice and had less string noise than my std. Dunlops, Jazz IIIs, and my usual pick, the Dunlop Delrin 1.14. There were more dynamics, I could get a tad cleaner than the other picks, even when I was cleaning up my attack there was this light overdrive over it with all the plastic picks, and on this pick it's gone. It had this presence to it, this brightness that I've heard others mention as well, it makes every note clear precise. I really love the gravity picks and I'll probably switch over, I just can't afford to lose them, $5 a pick!!?!??!?!?! I just never knew a pick could change your improve your "tone" so much!

Thanks man, I'll be in contact with you soon!!!
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Hmmm, I just found the 0.75mm standard classic that Chris sent, it's clear so it apparently fell out of the envelope and I just found it on the floor, okay, clear is not good for me!

I really like the classic std shape better than the classic mini, but I like the 1.5mm thickness, guess I'll order a few of those. $5 a pop is alot for picks, I'll need to try to keep up with them, but I really like the feel and attack the 1.5mm ones.

Comment

Received a couple of picks yesterday...

Striker Mini 1.5mm & Classic Mini 3mm...

Won't get to really work them out for a few days...but unplugged...i'm really diggin the Striker Mini so far! It is competing the best with the Jazz III and Red Bear Lil' Jazzer!

I'll post a full review of all the nuances between them and the set from V-picks after some quality time with them all.
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

So, was there a post for the gravity picks sample offer? I saw the one Vinnie made for V-Picks, but not one for gravity picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ball&Chain View Post
                      So, was there a post for the gravity picks sample offer? I saw the one Vinnie made for V-Picks, but not one for gravity picks.
                      ^yeah, its in the Trading Post under "Handmade Picks"

Comment

Received a few thicknesses of Gravity Picks' 'Classic' series picks and I gotta tell ya these things are well made. I got a thinner one, a medium, and a pick even thicker than my 2.0 mm dunlop. The Medium particularly caught me immediately while trying it. It's got the familiarity of the Jazz III XL's that I use, but with an added speed thanks to the material.

My only complaint about the pick is that they tend to be a bit slick and as a guy that uses a relaxed grip on my pick, that can sometimes cause issues. I'd like to see these picks come with a textured grip.

All in all, I like 'em a lot and time will tell if I go to them more often than my venerable Jazz III XL's
                        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Spent a little more time with the Gravity Pick this morning. I still don't like the feel of the acrylic, but I did find a use for the softer, rounder sounding attack. Launched into Miserlou and really dug the fact that the notes kinda seeped out rather than jumping. Gave a bit of the rubbery feel of the original, even though I was doing it on my P-90 LP.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by elscorcho View Post
                            ^yeah, its in the Trading Post under "Handmade Picks"
                            Ah, OK thanks.

Comment

I got my Gravity Razer. Got the thickest, as I like the V-pick thick stuff...

It is almost exactly what I'm looking for. I really really like the V-pick stilleto, the aggressive attack on that pick is insane, but it is a little too small for my gorilla hands.

This is almost the same shape, but thicker how I love, but the edges are smooth, and while I really like how it plays like butter... it still chirps, which I don't like and the attack is a little smoother than I like. If it had unbuffed edges this pick would be INSANE. I still plan on using it.

What gets me is I can get more tonal variations and more noticable changes in sound through these picks than a pickup swap at times... very cool. I am rethinking my picks!
                              Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

I used the purple Classic over the weekend on a gig and it was very comfortable. It's the first non-Jazz Stubby 3.0 I've used live on electric in years. It's been in my pocket since the gig.
                                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X