Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye - Ruby II's Day

That's all for now.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: Goodbye - Ruby II's Day

He'll be back

Comment

Good buy ; Ruby Tubes Day?
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        Not quite ... I need to download some pictures.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
          That's what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Goodbye Judy's pubes day. When you shave with every new day.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
              Goodbye Judy's pubes day. When you shave with every new day.
              LMAO!! That's so juvenile. I busted out laughing.

Comment

This is Ruby II.

It is a Fender Hwy 1 Tele. When it was still new I replaced the stock plain white pickguard with a pearl white one, and replaced the stock Fender pups with a set of A II Pros. The guitar sounds great and I wish I had another so I wouldn't have to mod this one ........... but I can't stop myself.

This is the day that Ruby II goes in for surgery - out with the old and in with the new. The process will include an attempt at a new ReRanch lacquer finish, a new pickguard, some routing, shielding, and new pickups. The whole process should take about six weeks.

Comment

Nekked

Some freehand routing (never again - like I told myself last time)

The Phat Cat phits like a glove!

Married Dudes: Do not try this at home!

(It's flippin' 104F in the garage)
                  Last edited by Lazarus1140; 07-24-2011, 11:07 AM. Reason: explanation

Comment

Nice work so far..that rout is as good as Aikmens Cowboys over the Pats. Looks very promising. Keep us posted.
                    Last edited by MetalManiac; 07-23-2011, 08:39 PM.
                    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

I dig the title reference

Comment

Ruby II...funny!

Ruby I is having surgery as well!
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                          Ruby II...funny!

Ruby I is having surgery as well!

I can't wait to see her. Are you going to pot those pups?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                            I can't wait to see her. Are you going to pot those pups?
                            Me either and NO WAY!

HA!

I am going to re set the cover on the bridge pickup (or have it done) but no wax will be getting near those pickups!

Re setting the cover might help a little and it might not help at all but I hate wax poted humbuckers.
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

waiting for more pics... PICS!
                              "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

Working...
                              X