this thread was /threaded in post #10:

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    $40 and your good to go!

http://www.neckheavy.com/
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Re: Okay.. SG...how do we fix this?

Just move the damn button to the horn, sheesh. Didn't we just have this discussion last week??

Comment

After having Les Pauls (different make, but all heavy) and the twelve pound Jesuscaster hanging around my neck, my SG is soooooo light and comfortable that I don't give a rat's a$$ about the imbalanced neck thingy. It's a pleasure to be able to play without feeling like my disks are going to shoot out of my spine like skeet clay discs or Pez.
        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

I'm imagining a human pez dispenser-esque spinal destruction now, time to draw.

Comment

$40 and your good to go!

Brilliant!

or fishing weights in a small sack taped inside the control cavity works really well.

Comment

$40 and your good to go!

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                Relocate the rear strap pin higher up.
                Put the front pin under the horn.
                i am going to experiment with relocating the lower strap button so i don't have to drill into the horn, i am going to use gaffer tape before i drill anything..i'll you know how it works later this weekend...

Comment

Or, if you are into body modification, have a snap base embedded on your shoulder and the other part on the strap. Snap the strap to your shoulder and it'll stay put..
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                    LOL!!!
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Do the Vipers come with heavy tuning heads like Grover's? I've had 3 SG's. The 2 gibsons I own have the light Kluson style and I never have neck dive on them. The Epi G400 I had was perhaps lighter of body, but had the super lead-enhanced grovers which did make it neck dive....or want to at least. I moved the strap button a bit further out (to the neck/body join) and a bit upward. This solved most of it with that guitar.

Comment

Well a padded strap is still the easiest fix, but...

Lighter tuners
                        Bigger/heavier bridge
                        Attach something heavy inside the control cavity
                        "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

Remove your current rear strap button.
                          With a 3/4" forstner bit, drill out the wood directly behind that button about 3 inches deep.
                          Get a steel rod 3/4" in diameter and 3" long.
                          Put the steel rod in the hole.
                          Drill a hole in the steel rod for your strap button.
                          Enjoy the new found feeling of freedom from the tyranny of neck-dive.

Edit: I was off on the sizes. I figure about 1/3lb of weight should help do the trick.

MM
                          Last edited by MojoMonster; 07-14-2011, 08:22 PM. Reason: fixing the hole
                          MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                          Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
                            Remove your current rear strap button.
                            With a 1/2" forstner bit, drill out the wood directly behind that button about 3 inches deep.
                            Get a steel rod 1/2" in diameter and 3" long.
                            Put the steel rod in the hole.
                            Drill a hole in the steel rod for your strap button.
                            Enjoy the new found feeling of freedom from the tyranny of neck-dive.

You're welcome.
                            how does that work exactly, the strap button is still in the same spot...

Comment

Originally posted by xntrick View Post
                              how does that work exactly, the strap button is still in the same spot...
                              The rear strap button. Yes, it'll be in the same spot. It covers the newly added rod. Hole is drilled in to the end of the rod and the button in screwed in to the rod.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                                The rear strap button. Yes, it'll be in the same spot. It covers the newly added rod. Hole is drilled in to the end of the rod and the button in screwed in to the rod.
                                This.
                                To do it properly you'd want that hole tapped and use a metal screw, not a wood screw.

That idea was right off the top of my head and hardly the easiest, most cost effective unless you *really* like to mod your guitars.

Hell OP, just duct tape the biggest lead sinkers you can find to the end of your guitar strap.
                                I'd start there.

MM
                                MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                                Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Working...
                                X