Gorgeous! That particular model was offered from approx. 1998-2000

Swamp Ash carved top, quater-sawn maple neck and 2 ESP LH-200 pickups

used market value is probably $700-$900

Comment

Re: Pre-emptive NGD!

Damn man, that's one hell of a snag!

Comment

It's absolutely beautiful in person. My girlfriend (mostly her) and I took a bunch of polish, fretboard cleaner and went to town on it. I don't have my gear to play through it 'til Monday to really get a feel for it, but I put some .10s on it and it feels amazingly smooth and it's so light. Great great guitar. I was hoping it had SDs in it, but since they didn't actually say SD I didn't think that was the case I emailed ESP with the same pics to see if they could get me an exact year, but I'm not too worried about it at this point!

-edit-

Were these just called Horizons back then? ESP Horizon? Horizon I technically?
        SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
        Mi Familia

Comment

Very cool looking guitar and dang that is a deep belly cut!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
            he didn't say it was stolen... it's a slight probability but it's not like it's obviously hot. there's a number of reasons an idiot could let a guitar go for way under regular values.
            Exactly. I once got an Ibanez acoustic for 5 bucks at a garage sale.
            "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
            "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
            "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
            "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

The pawn shop probably only has $100 into that thing, so for them, it's a great sale at $300. You could almost certainly haggle them down from there.

As for whether or not it's stolen...it's certainly possible (Robert S's recent experience springs to mind) but there are mechanism in place to prevent a pawn shop from selling stolen goods -- waiting periods before it can go on the floor, etc. Obviously, they don't always work (again, see Robert S) but either a) you can't ever buy anything from a pawn shop ever or b) you have to trust those mechanisms to work as well as they can, as there's not much you can do to find out on your own.
              ---------------------------
              The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I haggled em down from $400 to $300.

It was sitting there for 3 weeks before I bought it, and I live in California which I think is one of the more strict states when it comes to pawn shop regulations, but for the one I was at I know they do wait 30 days before putting merch up, so it's been there long enough for anyone to lay claim to it.
                SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
                Mi Familia

Comment

Working...
                X