Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let the modifications begin!

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    That thing is such an interesting guitar invention.

One question though. How do the G and B strings stay centered, gliding free over the tailpiece? Are slots necessary there?
    So far it's doing well...better than I expected to be honest!

However I am going to put a different bridge on it, not because of slpiiage but simply because when using the levers to bend you get a preset pitch, no adjustment can be made by bending a little more or a little less like oyu can with your hands and if the intonation is not real close it shows since oyu now have a string ringing out next to another string that might be a little out due to the old school bridge...

I hate to do it but to make it work well it has to be done!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

your next mod should be putting a single coil in that thing
      i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
        your next mod should be putting a single coil in that thing
        It's a solid idea!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

This thing is a ton of fun...the palm pedals are a blast. I admit I'm not good at using them at all yet but it is getting better but the guitar itself is just too much!

Light weight but nice and fat sounding...just kills for slide stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            This thing is a ton of fun...the palm pedals are a blast. I admit I'm not good at using them at all yet but it is getting better but the guitar itself is just too much!

Light weight but nice and fat sounding...just kills for slide stuff!
            Hand that guitar to me,. step aside junior, and let me show ya how its done!!
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              Hand that guitar to me,. step aside junior, and let me show ya how its done!!
              ...right...

Comment

Very unique and seriously cool! I could see that being a great guitar for slide, and I could see a lot of uses for the palm benders.

How's the action with that setup? I'd be inclined to jack it way up and make it a slide-only guitar.
                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Wow, thats one of the coolest guitars i've seen on the forum in a while!
                  77 Gibson Les Paul Custom (70's DiMarzios)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Duncan Distortion, Pearly Gates)
                  Fuchs Blackjack 21
                  -Fuchs Plush Cream
                  -Boss DD7 Delay

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                    Very unique and seriously cool! I could see that being a great guitar for slide, and I could see a lot of uses for the palm benders.

How's the action with that setup? I'd be inclined to jack it way up and make it a slide-only guitar.
                    I have the action jacked up right because it is mostly a dedicated slide piece and for now have sort of settled on open E...I might actually go a bit higher and heavier on the strings but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeGee View Post
                      Wow, thats one of the coolest guitars i've seen on the forum in a while!
                      Thanks mate!

Comment

Working...
                      X