Amp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp Problem

Thank you Kent, I have already downloaded the manual for the amp. I still can't get over how my amp sounds right now, very chimey, full, clear, great solid bass and midrange, almost like there is a small amount of reverb on at all times, but it's turned all the way off. Wish the power company would get it together! BTW, I lost a DVD player to a power fluctuation just a few days ago as well. And it was hooked up to a good surge protector.
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 12-04-2004, 03:00 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
      BTW, I lost a DVD player to a power fluctuation just a few days ago as well. And it was hooked up to a good surge protector.
      Move ... Seriously though, a descent surge protector is not the same as those sold as *power strips*, some are good, and some just aren't!
      Buy a good one, heck, just get a Furman, and call it a day ... BTW, don't laugh Furman also makes computer, and Home Theatre power conditioner/protectors also ... Big thumbs up!

Also, buy one of those outlet testers that show if your outlets are wired correctly, radio shack carries them along with all electronics suppliers ... they are like $7 or so, very good investment. Great to have in a gig bag.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

So here's an update on the amp situation. The amp continues to sound wonderful, BUT now I don't have any control over the eq on the gain channel. Arrrggg! The eq on the clean works just fine, but the gain eq is dead. Anyone know of a good amp tech in Washington State? Or would I be better off just sending it off to Jeff Seal? Although, I don't think Jeff wants to see anymore of these amps for a while. J/K Jeff!
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
          So here's an update on the amp situation. The amp continues to sound wonderful, BUT now I don't have any control over the eq on the gain channel. Arrrggg! The eq on the clean works just fine, but the gain eq is dead. Anyone know of a good amp tech in Washington State? Or would I be better off just sending it off to Jeff Seal? Although, I don't think Jeff wants to see anymore of these amps for a while. J/K Jeff!
          Sounds like you got a short around the entire tone stack? How does something get rerouted around that? ... Any descent amp tech can find the problem once they look over the unit ... Just call around to the local music shops ... Better yet, find an authorized marshall tech in your area. That one has me scratching my heead, and I couldn't find a schematic on it off the web.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X