SG Jr Post-Completion Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SG Jr Post-Completion Update

After almost a month since it has been completed, I've put it through the ringer pretty good. Lots of playing time at home and a few band practices. I have to say, this has come out better than I expected it to and it plays so well. The Lollar P-90 is amazing. I can't thank Jason enough for winding it for me. He nailed what I was looking for.

One thing I did notice after snagging a SG case is that the body is slightly bigger than a Gibson SG body. Not by much, it fits in the case, but a little more snug. I can tell by comparing it to my SG Classic and how it fits. Not a big deal really. I'm probably going to snag a SKB gig bag for it instead so I can leave the strap on it in the case.

Anybody looking at a kit to start with, check out the Precision Guitar kits. I'd like to do another one but other priorities need to be handled first.

And a pic to top it off.

Last edited by ErikH; 07-10-2014, 08:28 AM.

Re: SG Jr Post-Completion Update

UHM..

Hello....

CLIPS!
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

No mics, remember? LOL. I have a new one coming though.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        No mics, remember? LOL. I have a new one coming though.
        That was last week! You haven't got those things yet???

(I shouldn't talk, I cannot even get a non distorted clip up of the new rig, tho at least I tried)
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
          That was last week! You haven't got those things yet???

(I shouldn't talk, I cannot even get a non distorted clip up of the new rig, tho at least I tried)
          Hopefully this weekend I can make a couple. I have some new songs to go over anyway.

Something else I noticed last night too, this Jr is lighter than the Classic. Not by a lot, but noticeable enough.

Comment

It has one less pickup, duh!

Cool, cannot wait to hear the clips. If I may make a suggestion- how about a head to head demo of the Classic, and the Jr?

P.S. We've gotta come up with another name for the Jr. Since that old MIK Squier or whatever is gone, how about White Trash? Or pale face? or gringo?

Comment

BAD*SS. Reminds me of Jake E Lee's SG in the Shot in the Dark video

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                It has one less pickup, duh!

Cool, cannot wait to hear the clips. If I may make a suggestion- how about a head to head demo of the Classic, and the Jr?

P.S. We've gotta come up with another name for the Jr. Since that old MIK Squier or whatever is gone, how about White Trash? Or pale face? or gringo?
                I may do that (clips of both).

I've been calling it "Junior" lately so that may stick.

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                BAD*SS. Reminds me of Jake E Lee's SG in the Shot in the Dark video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNoRyvjufHE
                That is exactly where I got my influence for this one.

Comment

Excellent stuff Erik. I definitely need a Gibbo tone in my armoury...

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Nice, Erik! Painting weather finally showed up for you! It looks great.
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Yeah, I took advantage of the nice weather over Labor Day weekend. This thing is making a serious run at being my number 1 for a while.

Comment

Can you make one for me? I'll give you five bucks. (for labor, that is. I'll pay for parts. haha)
                        Originally posted by Aceman
                        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-250 View Post
                          Can you make one for me? I'll give you five bucks. (for labor, that is. I'll pay for parts. haha)
                          It'll take a wee bit more than five bucks....hahaha.

Comment

Really impressive job Erik, makes me want to make a DC Jr
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thanks, Scott. There's a couple of nice DC Jr's on his site. I wouldn't mind one of those myself.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X