banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dreamguitars aren't progressing at all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My dreamguitars aren't progressing at all!

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    Its 500$ with an aluminium block, 700$ with titanium.

It has needlebearings. its fully aluminium, hardened, if I'm not mistaken. thats why its so superlight.

I am convinced this trem is the best working trem around. in my opinion, a floyd sounds fine, maybe even more than fine, but its a PITA to restring it. you need tools and stuff. if you use locking tuners, you don't need any tool with this trem. at all. no need to cut off the ball ends of the string. the trem is VERY stable when it comes to tuningstability. you can do very deep divebombs, and if you want, the 'fintuners' on the back can be used to be fully functional tuners on their own (headless if you want).

so, yeah. they're expensive. but for something with these looks (better than floyd!) better way of intonation, no need for special tools, I'm willing to scoop out that kind of money. its not like the pickups and bodies are for free either
    Very interesting, thanks for the overview. Yeah, if you're going so far, why not the whole hog?

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
    Erm, what's that sentence supposed to mean?

BTW, the word καιρός is Greek for weather so you're basically saying that
    (The) lack of WEATHER can be annoying...

Not following...

Back to the thread, am I mistaken to say that I vividly remember two guitars like there already done and part of your stable?

Are these two identicals or did you break them down again to rebuild them?
    The καιρός I meant (Metalblaze has it) pertains to the right time/opportunity for an action, often with a view of reaping benefit from it (Cl. Greek). I suppose the weather thing evolved out of that - you can only do things when the weather's good in Modern Greek .

Anyway, back on topic...

The purpleheart neck is cool. When I first saw the pics, I thought Q-Tuner pups would look cool in either guitar, but, of course, they're an acquired taste tone-wise.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

@ashurbanipal: what do you mean by whole hog?

I have tried Q-tuner pickups (fun fact: they're made here, in the Netherlands!) but I don't like the tone at all. too hifi, too cold... and I like gold covers.

Comment

dig the purple one; not sure what I'd do with two new guitars, I haven't bought one since like 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
          dig the purple one; not sure what I'd do with two new guitars, I haven't bought one since like 2007.
          I have a collection of 29. these 2 are just the latest greatest :P

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
            @ashurbanipal: what do you mean by whole hog?

I have tried Q-tuner pickups (fun fact: they're made here, in the Netherlands!) but I don't like the tone at all. too hifi, too cold... and I like gold covers.
            'The whole hog' = 'all the way'. So, the Zephyr SDs fit into this concept nicely .

Yeah, I get that about the Q-Tuners, having heard some demos - it's the highs. There's a guy with some YouTube vids who's wired in a capacitor to tame his and the difference is palpable. I notice they're revamping their range.

29 *whistles*, quite a harem .

Mm, 600 posts, big fat star...
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I see. the zephyr's are very nice, but they're oh so expensive. if I omit the titanium blocks and go with just aluminium ones, and don't buy a new phone and be satisfied with my iphone 4S (I also want the galaxy nexus) I might be able to pull it off.

I'm also considering alumitones, but I have no clue about their tone. I am afraid they are as cold (maybe a bit less) as the qtuners.

Comment

its not mine, yet., and mine will be gold anodised, not black.

its called strandberger. its based in Sweden.

Comment

Those guitars look freakin killer! That trem assy is pretty badarse as well. But...

I wil never ever understand why anyone would build an LP-style guitar with a bolt-on neck.
                  Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                  I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                    Those guitars look freakin killer! That trem assy is pretty badarse as well. But...

I wil never ever understand why anyone would build an LP-style guitar with a bolt-on neck.
                    good question.

1: direct wood to wood coupling; better transfer of tone. so, less mush, more tone, more sustain.

2: playability. a bolt on plays (for me anyway) better than the glued in version of the big G.

little added bonus: easy to maintain. if the neck ever breaks in a weird way, all I have to do is just swap necks *knocks on wood*.

I am convinced that these guitars have their great tone (well... the other 15 warmoths I own) because they're bolt on.

Comment

Haha, now just wait for all the flamers who believe that LP style guitars should only be set neck . Cue Pavlovian response...

Provided the coupling of a bolt-on is good, no reason for it to be inferior. As for glued necks, even for this type of joint to be effective, coupling has to be tight, kinda like what Hamer do by under-machining the mortise then trimming it a bit when fitting the neck.

Comment

Working...
                      X