The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

I LOVE my ibanezes. For some reason i was sorta against them early into my playing. Now half of my whole collection is ibanez. They just extremely solid instruments. If you get one, make sure you have good pickups in it, i hated the v7/v8s but a swap breathed life into my guitar (imo the standard are norton/tonezone combo is classic and about as good as it gets for me

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
      I LOVE my ibanezes. For some reason i was sorta against them early into my playing. Now half of my whole collection is ibanez. They just extremely solid instruments. If you get one, make sure you have good pickups in it, i hated the v7/v8s but a swap breathed life into my guitar (imo the standard are norton/tonezone combo is classic and about as good as it gets for me
      I had the V7/V8 in my RG... possibly the worst sounding pickups I’ve ever played! The GFS Dream 180s I put in changed it into a tone machine.

Every one of my Ibanezes (Ibani?[emoji12]) is a solid, quality instrument. Love playing all of ‘em.
      Originally posted by The Commodores?
      "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

You do realize that Ibanez contracts the manufacturing to Fujigen in Japan (for the expensive stuff) and Cort Indonesia (for the cheapy stuff as well as the expensive, ridiculosuly priced Premiums), don't you?
        What counts is the stuff on the rack, not where it was made. I am referring to quality standards. Yes - the pickups and electronics are crap Asian stuff on the cheap guitars, but the good stuff is good PERIOD. I have been playing and working on Ibanez stuff since the days they made copies and even back then, they set the bar high. They have no reasons to hang their heads, and no one should be ashamed of any Ibanez axes they own. They are truly world class.

For instance - take the GAX 50 I have. I bought it at a pawn shop for $42.... I immediately sold the Duncan Invaders to a pal for his Les Paul, and have been using it as guinea pig, installing all kinds of pickups and so on. It plays great and sound great. It actually looks decent, too. What's to complain about?
        Last edited by ICTGoober; 10-06-2018, 10:08 AM.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

image1 by panixgr, on Flickr

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	5828109 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	5828110 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	5828111 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	5828112 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	5828113

Name:	case.JPG
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	5767768 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	5767769 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	5767770 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	5767771 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.JPG
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	5767772
            Last edited by kramersteen; 10-06-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
              Zombie thread! [emoji33]

But hey, what the hell?

2013 Ibanez AR325 with stock Super 58 pickups:
              You sir have excellent taste in guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by PAPADON View Post
                You sir have excellent taste in guitars.

Same right back at ya! [emoji41][emoji2]

My AR325 has become one of my go-to guitars. Sounds great, feels great, looks GORGEOUS. All around, that guitar is a pleasure to play.
                Originally posted by The Commodores?
                "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                  I had the V7/V8 in my RG... possibly the worst sounding pickups I’ve ever played! The GFS Dream 180s I put in changed it into a tone machine.

Every one of my Ibanezes (Ibani?[emoji12]) is a solid, quality instrument. Love playing all of ‘em.
                  Yep. I had those in my prestige s. I thought my guitar sounded dead, when it arrived. I almost wrote the guitar off as a “fail” soundwise. After the pups were swapped (to an air norton 7 and a super dist 7) the thing reallllly came alive. I mean, this thing’s sound really cuts through. Infact, it is currently my fav recording guitar

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    What counts is the stuff on the rack, not where it was made. I am referring to quality standards. Yes - the pickups and electronics are crap Asian stuff on the cheap guitars, but the good stuff is good PERIOD. I have been playing and working on Ibanez stuff since the days they made copies and even back then, they set the bar high. They have no reasons to hang their heads, and no one should be ashamed of any Ibanez axes they own. They are truly world class.
                    Can't blame the Japanese. They adhere to the utmost discipline and quality standards, instead of going on strike the whole time demanding raise, know what I mean?

I have 4 Ibanez (2 Japs and 2 gaijins), and 1 FGN made by Fujigen. Definitely I am planning to by more, RG652 is on the crosshairs.

Ibanez to Gibson is like Yamaha/ Kawasaki to Harley. They advance, progress, not dwelling on past glory.

Comment

RG220B that I refinished several years ago, and an AX120 in antique bronze. I've had both since I was a teenager.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Name:	IMG_1652.jpg
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	5810013

Name:	NJUH2390.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	5810014
                        Attached Files
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

My nephew has been showing interest in gutiars and got himself a major kids sized POS at the markets but despite that has still been playing it. Anyway i found a good ibanez rx40 on gumtree for $89 for his birthday.

Comment

Here are my two babies: a 99 RG505 and a RG721

Name:	IMG_20180930_1820012.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	5810028
                            My Band: Cyllene

Comment

+1 for the greendot looks!