The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

No idea, haven't seen one like that except the semi S-type LesStrat owns, which is an Artcore, iirc.

Originally posted by Mark_McQ View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57453[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57454[/ATTACH]
    These two are pretty cool.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

This is my 2011 RG420FBZ. It has a mahogany body, bubinga veneer, and a maple WIII neck with a rosewood FB. It currently has the stock INF 1/2 set, but once I get the strat pups I need, it'll be getting a Super Distortion and PAF Pro.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00624.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	5780956
      Unfortunately, my taste in guitars has changed and the neck isn't really my thing anymore. However, This thing sounds huge and I don't think I could get rid of it even if I wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
        Love that one with the f-hole....stumps me?
        Custom stuff or third party body?
        It's an EX1700f.
        You sometimes see the standard EX1700 on eBay every now and then, but I've only ever seen one other with the F-hole. They only made them for less than a year, I believe, then pulled the plug due to low sales. It's not a proper hollow body f-hole, just a chamber at the top. The other 3/4 is a solid body.
        I love it though. Got a DiMarzio Evo in the bridge and a Paf Pro in the neck, switched the stock bridge for a Wilkinson, and it's ended up a great little guitar.
        Last edited by Mark_McQ; 09-21-2014, 01:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411554927.696759.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	5780991
          I almost regret having to sell this one but it was just too big for me. I want a prestige RG eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
            Just back at a keyboard after the holidays - here are are my current crop of classic MIJ Ibanez (apart from the last one which is MIC)

Jem7vWH with Ebony board and Bartolini V92C for the neck, a 3D-01 for the middle, and a V94D for the bridge. Awesome Pups.

[/IMG]

I've a few more in various stages of restoration, and I've promised myself no more for 12 months. We'll see how that goes
            I wish I had never sold that guitar Let me know if you ever want to get rid of her

jim777

Comment

83 Artist AM 205

Comment

Ibanez RG870RWZ-NTF, sporting a PATB set; the volume knob is a push/pull switching the neck pickup in series/parallel.

Name:	IMG_20170601_210753.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	5809961

Name:	IMG_20170601_210820.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	5809962

Name:	IMG_20170601_210807.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5809963
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Zombie thread! [emoji33]

But hey, what the hell?

2013 Ibanez AR325 with stock Super 58 pickups:

2010 Ibanez RG3EXFM1, sporting GFS Dream 180 humbuckers:

2005 Ibanez AS83 with P-Rails and Triple Shots:

2004 Ibanez SR300DX SDGR Bass:
                  Originally posted by The Commodores?
                  "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

I have to admit, this was a thread I never thought I would post in. A few months ago I finally bought an Ibanez to keep. Here is my Doomburst purple S5570. I pulled out the factory pickups and put in a Liquifire, Red Velvet, and Steve’s Special.

The first one of these I ever saw was in 2014 at NAMM when I was there with my wife and she was also very impressed by this guitar’s aesthetics too.Click image for larger version

Name:	99EBB5D8-6600-45F4-9558-65FA78C892A6.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	5809971
                    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I have had SO MANY Ibanez guitars through the decades... SO MANY...

But right now - I have a Paul Gilbert Mikro, a beat up GAX 50 I experiment with, and a sweet Artstar (I forget the number - 72?)) loaded with Seymour Duncan Antiquities.... Also, an early trashed Bob Weir (someday project)

Name:	Closet Goodies 021.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	5809975

Name:	Summer Fun 007.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	5809972

Name:	Summer Fun 008.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	5809973

Name:	Summer Fun 009.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	5809974
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                        I have had SO MANY Ibanez guitars through the decades... SO MANY...
                        What's your general opinion on them? I need to pull my vintage dt out its so special

Comment

Originally posted by PAPADON View Post
                          83 Artist AM 205

I really love tidy guitar jam room/house shots. I'm not Jerry level messy but i can't keep my area clean like that but i guess maybe the kids also help me ruin it once i do. First step put that white hat on second step JAM!

Comment

Last edited by Open lane; 10-06-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

What's your general opinion on them? I need to pull my vintage dt out its so special
                              In general, the quality of Ibanez guitars has been keeping American companies on their toes for almost 40 years. Even the cheapy stuff from Ibanez is excellent quality. Fender and Gibson should study at the feet of the Ibanez company and take notes.
                              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                                In general, the quality of Ibanez guitars has been keeping American companies on their toes for almost 40 years. Even the cheapy stuff from Ibanez is excellent quality. Fender and Gibson should study at the feet of the Ibanez company and take notes.
                                You do realize that Ibanez contracts the manufacturing to Fujigen in Japan (for the expensive stuff) and Cort Indonesia (for the cheapy stuff as well as the expensive, ridiculosuly priced Premiums), don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X