Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

^^ Check out page 3 .

Brownie points to the gentleman with the RBM.

Originally posted by Trev View Post
    Yeah its a way under rated colour, i love it, my mates say its pink lol
    Has a lovely rubbery feel to it as well.
    Obviously your mates have never seen a Jem SK . I like the look too; seems textured.
    Originally posted by dominus
    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
      Just back at a keyboard after the holidays - here are are my current crop of classic MIJ Ibanez (apart from the last one which is MIC)
      You have the ideal collection that I would kill for. The Jems ostensibly very ultra modern, especially the mahogany custom and the red one with I believe, and original Floyd? How unique. Never seen an OFR on an Ibanez. The Bartolinis look obviously out of place in the white Jem but that's okay, considering the rest of the family. What kind of music do you play/ listen to? Lemme guess, jazz rock/ fusion?

Comment

Originally posted by verbotenco View Post
        You have the ideal collection that I would kill for. The Jems ostensibly very ultra modern, especially the mahogany custom and the red one with I believe, and original Floyd? How unique. Never seen an OFR on an Ibanez. The Bartolinis look obviously out of place in the white Jem but that's okay, considering the rest of the family. What kind of music do you play/ listen to? Lemme guess, jazz rock/ fusion?
        Thanks man, sorry for the late reply was on vacation. The OFR is in the purple 470 with the mirror guard, it replaced a LoTRS as the 470's didn't come with EDGE trems and the route doesn't fit them. The LoTRS was OK but the tone is better with the OFR.

I picked up the white JEM specifically becuse I loved the look of those pups in it - they have a warm-PAF vibe with incredible note separation, and will happily do everything from rock to jazz, and are very quiet under gain. I play mostly rock
        "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
          ^^ That's pretty damn interesting and a tasteful execution of an archtop S-style - I've never seen one before. It's one of the things about Ibanez, they've made so many types of guitars, you often see something turn up that makes you go 'oh!'.

As for why Ibanez use their own pickups - cheaper in the house, and they make most of their money from lower end guitars like RG350s and whatnot, so it works out well for them.
          Yeah, I got it from a forum bro.

One of my best finds and investments.
          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

A couple of my all times..... 83 was a good year!
            ]
            FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Ibanez S-JCRG1 with screamin demon, stock dimarzio single coils
              Ibanez RG1570 suede red with Blackouts and blocked trem (my metal guitar!)
              Sorry for crappy phone pic
              Last edited by Dr.J4ckal; 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

^Awesome, especially that J-Custom!

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
                Thanks man, sorry for the late reply was on vacation. The OFR is in the purple 470 with the mirror guard, it replaced a LoTRS as the 470's didn't come with EDGE trems and the route doesn't fit them. The LoTRS was OK but the tone is better with the OFR.

I picked up the white JEM specifically becuse I loved the look of those pups in it - they have a warm-PAF vibe with incredible note separation, and will happily do everything from rock to jazz, and are very quiet under gain. I play mostly rock
                FWIW, I think the Bartolinis look really cool on the JEM

Comment

better late than never...

I just finished installing new pups in these: Duncan Distortion in the bridge pos. with 1Megaohm vol, and a DMZ Humbucker from Hell wth a 500kOhm vol., 3 way switch.

It's an SAS32ex. thick, heavy mahogany body, maple set neck, rosewood fretboard. The neck shape is also kinda fat for an Ibanez, almost like a Strat C shape kinda thickness, but with a flatter fretboard radius.

Sorry about the gaudy abalone binding, I couldn't really help it, because this was the guitar I played that spoke the most to me in that tiny store I bought it from, after spending a solid 45 minutes playing other guitars.

Comment

I like!

Gellin' with that HFH?

Comment

I am sorta...

The A5 mag is really not a neck pickup mag for me. I think that's the problem I was having with the JazzN before too - the lack of mids doesn't give me the definition that I need.

I replaced the A5 in the HFH with an A8, random idea of unnecessary extremity. the A8 is too flabby in the low end and smooth in the high end to make the HFH really sing, but I figured the output increase would balance better with the DD in the bridge. I was right about that, but the tone wasn't working. I'm gonna try an A2 and an A3 next i think.

Comment

Yeah it definitely has that scooped feel to it.

Let us know what you think after the swaps.

Comment

will do

Comment

My RG with black mirror pickguard, Crunch Lab/Evo Single/Liquifire pickups, Bourns pro pots and PIO caps. Only wood and hardware are stock

Check out my site with DIY amps, guitars and pedals http://diy-fever.com

Comment

Resurrecting this, as I could have sworn someone talked about a Maxxas but then went dark on us If it exists I'd love to see that one. I've been out of the loop for a month so if it got posted elsewhere feel free to flame me
                              "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

^^ I believe Frank said he had a Maxxas but he hadn't posted a pic.

Interesting that this thread should come up - I'm on an Ibanez bender: quite a few awesome '86 Roadstars on evil bay eating away at my mind, including a watermelon RG530 like yours .
                                Originally posted by dominus
                                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                                X