The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Does that Dime loaded turquoise 540 have black strings on it? Thats a nice touch, pure awesome man that one needs to appear in an SD TV episode, I'd love to hear how it sounds.

I was thinking about it, and I'd reckon the only way to top this is if someone has one of these. Satch was wielding a black futura in the Chickenfoot holiday video...and we all now what the other one below is responsible for

Keep it coming guys, this thread is certainly delivering the goods
    Last edited by zakk_speed; 12-29-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

What's with the full quotes?

Comment

i've posted these a bunch - but they are thread appropriate ...

'89 540S-CT6 ... 59(n) - duck(m) - C5(b) w/ custom switching for 16 different pickup combos

'83 AM-50 w/ 1986 vintage bill lawrence 500XLs and custom switching for 12 different pickup combinations

gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days View Post
          '89 540S-CT6 ... 59(n) - duck(m) - C5(b) w/ custom switching for 16 different pickup combos
          Very nice : whats the neck on that one, is it a wizard or more a viper? I love those oval inlays, I've the same ones on my 540S.
          "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
            Very nice : whats the neck on that one, is it a wizard or more a viper? I love those oval inlays, I've the same ones on my 540S.
            wizard (but i am pretty sure it wasnt referred to by that name officially in '89)

'edge' (Non-locking) trem bridge (w/ locking tuners)
            Last edited by tone4days; 12-29-2011, 03:26 PM.
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
              1986 Proline 650, Crystal Pearl, custom made pickups under the fancy covers. Rare Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany laminate Ultra neck, Ebony board:

1986 Proline 2550, Gold Pearl neck through, stock pickups

1986 Proline 1770, Gold Pearl stock singles, APC bridge pickup

1988 540P-TC Refin gold. Chandler neck with major headstock reconstruction. Take that zakk_speed. How many pickups does YOUR triple coil have? Mine has the following:
              Bridge 1: Seymour Duncan Full Shred
              Bridge 2: Chandler Rails style (used to be Hot Rails, will replace w/HR someday)
              Middle: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack (old style)
              Neddle? Middeck?: Fender 57/62 from 1988
              Neck: G&L MFD from 1987 S500

1988/89 540R, One of a kind (AFAIK) factory refin turquoise blue burst. (Shocking Pink underneath) This is the flooded neck from the 540P. I replaced the board with an Ebony board pirated from someone's crappy home-built neck. They never even radiused the board. I harvested it, reworked the whole neck, its stiff with a slight backbow when unstrung. It's the only Wizard neck I know of that can take 11-56 strings, which is how I play it, and it's dead flat. Pickups: Dimebucker + 2 custom Dime-style bobbins in single coil format.
              Prolines are my favourite Ibanezs ever, I have one PL1770 myself .

5 pickups, 6 coils... well technically 8 'cause one is rails and one a stack. Spinal Tap approved indeed.

And I wonder would the SD Custom Shop make those "Dime" singles (or stacks) if I asked nicely...

Nice pieces...
              Originally posted by Jamie Hyneman
              When in doubt... C4
              "Biologists think they are biochemists,
              Biochemists think they are Physical Chemists,
              Physical Chemists think they are Physicists,
              Physicists think they are Gods,
              And God thinks he is a Mathematician."

"Physicists defer only to mathematicians, mathematicians defer only to God."

Comment

Zakk_speed... Your first RG in those pics... Oh... my...
                Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
                Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                Musicians are ****ing retards.
                Originally posted by ex-250
                Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaggy View Post
                  And I wonder would the SD Custom Shop make those "Dime" singles (or stacks) if I asked nicely...
                  They may, but I made these in my garage by sanding the top of a strat cover clean off. The dime bobbin slipped up in there, but then the whole thing is just baked in glue. Not necessarily the easiest or most stable design, but MJ could do it "right" You'd probably have to tell her "Go ask Frank about that wacky thing he made". Truth is they sound rather ice-picky and only slightly tamed with 250k pots. If I were making them from scratch I'd use a totally different wind/wire.

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
                    Zakk_speed... Your first RG in those pics... Oh... my...
                    Yeah, she's a monster with a big heavy mohog body and a seriously chunky (for an RG) neck, kind of like what Ibanez would have done for John Petrucci had he stayed with them as an endorsee. I slapped a Demon8 in her right after that photo.

The tone is similar to what some LPs deliver, that warm-but-with-top-end-snap thing, it really suits the Demon8.

Jimmy Page

Comment

Frank's axes = . The 540P-TC made me laugh . Love the Prolines of course, was that 650 a Japan only model or something?

I'd like to get a mahogany/maple 1880 and a 2660 (pink or white) *sigh*.

I notice nobody who's posted has a Maxxas (another on my wish list), well, Frank probably does but doesn't want us to feel bad .
                      Originally posted by dominus
                      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Remember, these were all I had time to photograph last night. Over the next few days I'll post the rest. I'm estimating about 38 Ibanez' total. And yes there's a Maxxas in there.

Comment

Deactivated my Ibanez Halberd recently, I prefer Duncans.
                          Psychic Horns

Comment

My 2006 Ibanez SZ320EX

JB in the bridge
                            HR101 in the neck
                            Pickup switch acts like a standard 3-way
                            On/Off Switch is for Coil Splitting
                            Master Volume
                            Master Tone

I also have an Ibanez GSR200 Bass in black
                            -Greg

Guitars:
                            2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                            2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                            2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                            Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBrad View Post
                              Trust me, I'd do horrible things to score one of these cheap, but the chance doesn't come around too often...

(put some white pups with black poles in it too)

Joebacca has one, if you can make him post pics...
                              Glad you dig it Adam!!

Here's my Ice, Ice, Baby!!!

Comment

the RG4 sporting the new Carvin pickups

The RG2 laid out sexy-like on the sofa

Hanging with the Mikro-Bass

Sunning in the yard, Dig the Tan lines
                                EHD
                                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                                X