The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

nearly bought the Iceman but the reverse headstock... nah. bought a Destroyer instead (DTT700).
    Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by JOEBACCA View Post
      Glad you dig it Adam!!

Here's my Ice, Ice, Baby!!!

What are the pups in there, I thought you had D-Activator Xs in?
      Originally posted by Aceman
      In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
        Remember, these were all I had time to photograph last night. Over the next few days I'll post the rest. I'm estimating about 38 Ibanez' total. And yes there's a Maxxas in there.

Holy crap. I've never even SEEN one in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
          Yeah, she's a monster with a big heavy mohog body and a seriously chunky (for an RG) neck, kind of like what Ibanez would have done for John Petrucci had he stayed with them as an endorsee. I slapped a Demon8 in her right after that photo.

The tone is similar to what some LPs deliver, that warm-but-with-top-end-snap thing, it really suits the Demon8.
          Me jelly. Your hardtail Rg is gorgeus too! Well, they all are but those two especially.

Why don't I have pics of my 7string Rg...
          Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
          Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
          Musicians are ****ing retards.
          Originally posted by ex-250
          Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by P.A.Foholic View Post
            Your hardtail Rg is gorgeus too!
            You mean the mikro at the end? I had fun doing that one - my 7 year old had a trem equipped strat copy to begin with, but a trem just gets in the way for kids, the guitar was never in tune. I picked it up for cheap and pimped it with a new bridge, locking tuners and dimarzios.

After a fret level and crown its actually a nice playing little guitar. Certainly better than the plywood strat with the inch high action I learned on
            "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Zakkspeed, thanks for the info! gonna have to try a PATB2! And look for a clear tip!

FrankFalbo... Dude........ Did you load that 540p with all those pups or was that a factory freak out??

Also, any probs with the switches going bad on the prolines?
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                Also, any probs with the switches going bad on the prolines?
                I'll jump in . I've heard instances of them crapping out but it doesn't seem to be that common. I do dread the day when/if it happens, as there are don't seem to be NOS replacements around; saw a Proline on German eBay recently which had mini toggles.

Frank, do you have either of these rare birds?
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

If anyone has a Jem, post it here. It'my favorite guitar when I saw it in 1987 and still is today.

Comment

Ibanez J Custom RG8570 and 7-string Universe UV777

Comment

• Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

No one remembers Shawn Lane?

Well, here's one of my two GR-520 Ghostriders, this one in Orange Sunburst; the other is the darker Vintage Sunburst. Has a 24.75 scale, with a neck very similar to the Gibson "1960 Slim Taper". These were MIK, I think by Samick and Cort factories. Pickups are warm and fat, IBZ Infinity 1 and 2--and I've never felt any need at all to "upgrade" them. The Ghostrider was my PAF LP substitute, back before I could afford a real Les Paul. My Les Pauls are much more expensive, but comparitively they are a dime a dozen compared to these very rare guitars.

The Ghostriders came in three versions. The GR-220 came with P-90s and a tune-o-matic (like the 520) in black and transparent green. I've seen the GR-320 in red and black. It has humbuckers, and a tele-style bridge. The 520 was the top of the line with the MOP/Abalone neck inlays and gold hardware. They were only made for two years, 1994-95. Maple cap on what appears to be an alder body, they are light due to the smallish body. The sound is what I look for in a LP--thick and rich, and excellent sustain.

Bill
                      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

My RG-550 with Livewire Classic set & Guitar Fuel Nitro Booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosher Zone View Post
                          My RG-550 with Livewire Classic set & Guitar Fuel Nitro Booster.

Nice piece.

What do the Livewire Classics sound like? Compared to maybe EMGs, Blackouts or normal passives. Im under the impression that they are sort of low output actives very passive-like sort of in the middle of high-output actives and passives. I've always wanted to try or hear these.

Maybe Frank or someone or anybaody can tell first-hand experience.
                          Originally posted by Jamie Hyneman
                          When in doubt... C4
                          "Biologists think they are biochemists,
                          Biochemists think they are Physical Chemists,
                          Physical Chemists think they are Physicists,
                          Physicists think they are Gods,
                          And God thinks he is a Mathematician."

"Physicists defer only to mathematicians, mathematicians defer only to God."

Comment

I know about Shawn Lane but I've never seen that model before. Sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaggy View Post
                              Nice piece.

What do the Livewire Classics sound like? Compared to maybe EMGs, Blackouts or normal passives. Im under the impression that they are sort of low output actives very passive-like sort of in the middle of high-output actives and passives. I've always wanted to try or hear these.

Maybe Frank or someone or anybaody can tell first-hand experience.
                              The Classics are the only actives i have so i can't say what they are like compared to EMG's or the like but i think they were designed to be like an active PAF. Before i had the Nitro Booster in which gives 15dB boost i felt the tone was kinda like the JB but now it's more in Distortion territory.

One thing i will say is it is the best neck pickup i have ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBrad View Post
                                What are the pups in there, I thought you had D-Activator Xs in?
                                I sold the Original D-Activators that came stock in it almost 2 years ago and replaced them with the Duncan Full Shred Set which are still in there. But I've been thinking about getting a Dimarzio Liquifire in the Neck with possibly a Dimarzio Norton or Evo2 for the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X