Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 'post your Ibanez' thread

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Frank, you cannot let Zakk go unchallenged...
    Hmmm he's got some pretty nice ones there. Maybe I'll try to get some pics tonight.

Comment

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase?

Comment

My mint 1984 DT-155 MS

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
          Hmmm he's got some pretty nice ones there. Maybe I'll try to get some pics tonight.
          C'mon dude..you know you own this thread..bring it
          "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Originally posted by Vengeance View Post
            My mint 1984 DT-155 MS
            ..and that effing rocks as well. 3 pup Destroyer = pure win.
            "that’s what is so good about the guitar — everyone can really enjoy themselves on it and have a good time, which is what it’s all about. Right?”

Jimmy Page

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
              RG470 with PATB2 and PASTK-1N

540P Power Triple Coil with a PATB1 and PASTK-1N

Jem7vWH with Ebony board and Bartolini V92C for the neck, a 3D-01 for the middle, and a V94D for the bridge. Awesome Pups.

First two are some of the coolest Ibanez's I have ever seen. I've been always drawn to the H/S no middle pup combo and that mirror pickguard is so cool.
              And the "Triple coil" with the PATB1 and PASTK-1n looks pretty awesome as well.
              And needless to say the Paralle Axis's are my favourite Duncan pickups.
              The White Jem is one of the most beautiful and best sounding guitars ever and those Bartolini's look wicked on that Jem.
              Originally posted by Jamie Hyneman
              When in doubt... C4
              "Biologists think they are biochemists,
              Biochemists think they are Physical Chemists,
              Physical Chemists think they are Physicists,
              Physicists think they are Gods,
              And God thinks he is a Mathematician."

"Physicists defer only to mathematicians, mathematicians defer only to God."

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaggy View Post
                First two are some of the coolest Ibanez's I have ever seen. I've been always drawn to the H/S no middle pup combo and that mirror pickguard is so cool.
                Thanks man! I love the 565 style H/S setup too, I dont really understand why it isn't offered in the modern ibanez range.

Jimmy Page

Comment

Originally posted by rjudo View Post
                  80's Ibanez. Nothing finer.[ATTACH]28154[/ATTACH]
                  I used to have an ST50 and a Super Reverb, miss them both. Here is a pic of me with them in 1980 or so. I also kinda miss the hair

Last edited by RoccoFunnyMan; 12-29-2011, 10:11 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zakk_speed View Post
                    Thanks man! I love the 565 style H/S setup too, I dont really understand why it isn't offered in the modern ibanez range.
                    There was the RG465, though apparently it was only a limited production model in 2010, and not available in the US. It did have a Dimarzio D Activator and an Air Norton S as stock though, which is pretty cool for a non-prestige ibby.

Originally posted by Aceman
                    In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Comment

I also observe that buying Ibanez guitars leaves the owners with enough cash to buy better cameras

Comment

Here are just a few bad iPhone pics from last night:

Late 70's PF200, custom piezo + Schaller Golden 50 pickups:

1986 Proline 650, Crystal Pearl, custom made pickups under the fancy covers. Rare Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany laminate Ultra neck, Ebony board:

1986 Proline 2550, Gold Pearl neck through, stock pickups

1986 Proline 1770, Gold Pearl stock singles, APC bridge pickup

1988 540P-TC Refin gold. Chandler neck with major headstock reconstruction. Take that zakk_speed. How many pickups does YOUR triple coil have? Mine has the following:
                        Bridge 1: Seymour Duncan Full Shred
                        Bridge 2: Chandler Rails style (used to be Hot Rails, will replace w/HR someday)
                        Middle: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack (old style)
                        Neddle? Middeck?: Fender 57/62 from 1988
                        Neck: G&L MFD from 1987 S500

1987 540Power, Black had been in a flood. Neck was destroyed-every glue joint separated (BUT-see 540R custom color below) I wetsanded and buffed the body and put this rare Maple 540R neck on it. Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues neck, 2.0 middle, Seth Lover bridge.

1988/89 540R, One of a kind (AFAIK) factory refin turquoise blue burst. (Shocking Pink underneath) This is the flooded neck from the 540P. I replaced the board with an Ebony board pirated from someone's crappy home-built neck. They never even radiused the board. I harvested it, reworked the whole neck, its stiff with a slight backbow when unstrung. It's the only Wizard neck I know of that can take 11-56 strings, which is how I play it, and it's dead flat. Pickups: Dimebucker + 2 custom Dime-style bobbins in single coil format.

1992 442R, Trans Red, Seymour Duncan Custom Custom bridge, APC200 middle, G&L MFD neck

1993 540RLTD, Black, rare AANJ model, Seymour Duncan Custom/59 Hybrid bridge, Antiquity Texas Hot middle, AIIPro Slash/59 Hybrid neck.

Falbo "540R", trans purple burst. Brazillian RW neck (1-piece) Flamed Maple body (2pc but solid front to back) 2 custom made HB's, SSL-2 middle.
                        Last edited by frankfalbo; 12-29-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

HOLY
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Here are just a few bad iPhone pics from last night:

Late 70's PF200, custom piezo + Schaller Golden 50 pickups:

1986 Proline 650, Crystal Pearl, custom made pickups under the fancy covers. Rare Mahogany/Maple/Mahogany laminate Ultra neck, Ebony board:

1986 Proline 2550, Gold Pearl neck through, stock pickups

1986 Proline 1770, Gold Pearl stock singles, APC bridge pickup

1988 540P-TC Refin gold. Chandler neck with major headstock reconstruction. Take that zakk_speed. How many pickups does YOUR triple coil have? Mine has the following:
                            Bridge 2: Chandler Rails style (used to be Hot Rails, will replace w/HR someday)

1987 540Power, Black had been in a flood. Neck was destroyed-every glue joint separated (BUT-see 540R custom color below) I wetsanded and buffed the body and put this rare Maple 540R neck on it. Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues neck, 2.0 middle, Seth Lover bridge.

1988/89 540R, One of a kind (AFAIK) factory refin turquoise blue burst. (Shocking Pink underneath) This is the flooded neck from the 540P. I replaced the board with an Ebony board pirated from someone's crappy home-built neck. They never even radiused the board. I harvested it, reworked the whole neck, its stiff with a slight backbow when unstrung. It's the only Wizard neck I know of that can take 11-56 strings, which is how I play it, and it's dead flat. Pickups: Dimebucker + 2 custom Dime-style bobbins in single coil format.

1992 442R, Trans Red, Seymour Duncan Custom Custom bridge, APC200 middle, G&L MFD neck

1993 540RLTD, Black, rare AANJ model, Seymour Duncan Custom/59 Hybrid bridge, Antiquity Texas Hot middle, AIIPro Slash/59 Hybrid neck.

Falbo "540R", trans purple burst. Brazillian RW neck (1-piece) Flamed Maple body (2pc but solid front to back) 2 custom made HB's, SSL-2 middle.
                            Holy Crap man! Loving the pickup selections on those!
                            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
                            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
                            Originally posted by CTN
                            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
                            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Oh Yeah, I just opened a beer in your honor With these three alone you take the thread. That TC is pure spinal tap 80's glory. How the heck would you remember all the combinations
                              Last edited by zakk_speed; 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM. Reason: Images removed

Jimmy Page

Comment

This thread...

This ****ing thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X