Keep or Deep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep or Deep?

I'm not really one to duplicate guitars. Then again, I have a strat, a tele, and a LP-style guitar and don't see needing anything else from an electric. I don't use a trem, so the only real hole I see is a P90 guitar - which I'm not in the market for.
    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Sorry to hear about your financial situation
      Nullius In Verba

Comment

Originally posted by brunogio View Post
        If I'm you and HAVE to let something go....

I keep all the Gibsons and the Burny - that's 4
        A vintage strat - 1
        the tele - 1
        a Charvel super strat - 1
        one or two of the Washburns (nicer ones) 1
        and one or two low end guitars to haul around to blues jams and that kind of stuff. 2

10 guitars total which should give you everything you need.

I sell the Epi, the Kelly, the Dean and the Carvin and some of the other stuff. If you have a few players that end up you getting no money, you keep them.

I'm sure some of the nicer items will be able to be sold right here to decent folk who'll give them a good home.
        yeah, this would still be more than I can keep, but would cover it all!

Originally posted by speed2dirt View Post
        Gear ho is an understatement! Man, that's a lot of guitars! Personally, I feel bad having 3 electrics, 2 basses, and 1 acoustic. It's just excess that I don't need. I guess everyone's different though.

Honestly, I would play every one back to back and weed them out one at a time. Forget the value and the brand, just play them. See which one feels best to you and your style and go from there.

I'm kind of in the same place as you with my 2 humbucker guitars: Washburn Idol and custom Warrior. They're both carved tops mahogany body/necks, but the Washburn is 24.75" with ebony board and the Warrior is 25" with purpleheart board. Honestly, the Washburn plays great and I always think I should sell the Warrior because it cost way more than any guitar I should ever own, but playing the Warrior always makes that thought disappear. It feels perfect in my hands and just melts with my style. Not one complaint about it (other than cost) as compared with other guitars I've played that I tend to nit-pick. My purple Modulus strat is the same way, not one thing I'd change about it.
        yeah, i really feel guilty about it honestly...

Originally posted by Filipe Marquez View Post
        Sorry to hear about your financial situation
        Thanks Bro! Always something..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
        X