X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: im beginning to not connect with my strat

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
    Classic Player Jazzmaster
    Why not just type that in the first place? ;o)
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
      John Mayer seems to do OK with one.
      He certainly does, though I've seen him rock other instruments, Mayer sounds like "John Mayer" through Strats.

Comment

For me, Strats are great, and unique, but they certainly aren't an all-day-every-day kind of guitar. I go through phases in which I am feeling "Stratty" or "not Stratty." And when I do play Strats, there are almost never the sole source of my sound. I use them mostly when recording, to get certain things for certain songs, not as do-everything workhorses. (That's what Teles and mahogany Gibsons are for. ) Occasionally I want to play a Strat live, but they are definitely not my favorite guitars for that.

I'd just play other guitars and wait till you feel like a Strat again. You'll be glad you didn't sell it when that happens IME.
        Last edited by ItsaBass; 02-06-2012, 09:22 PM.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

guitars are for different moods and purposes. you can write a song on a new (different - yours or not) guitar that you would never have written on your #1. as said above, sometimes it's good to explore new territory. put the Strat down for a while. play a different guitar. when you've played it dry after a month or a year, go back to the Strat. you'll be like "Why did i ever leave you ? You're the only one who ever really understood me."

explore the world of guitars, but by no means sell the Strat.

Comment

hmmm, this is a tough one, ill give it a few days, though in the back of my head this is what pops up: im going to college relatively soon and can only bring two guitars, the strat will not be one of them so is it worth keeping it at home until i have a place to keep it
            i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

I think this can happen with any guitar, Strat or otherwise. Just give that guitar a rest for a while, at least a couple weeks, and come back to it.

I find that if I switch to something else for a while, I'll re-appreciate the other ones I had burnt out.
              "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

college ? take ONE guitar until you see what the landscape is like. are your roommates / suite-mates theives ? crazy focklers who will break your stuff cause they decided to have a party and let somebody play it ?

definitely LEAVE THE STRAT AT HOME.

just take something to plunk on in between the books.

once you find out what the landscape is like, adjust accordingly. you may even join a band that requires a totally different guitar.

Comment

Working...
                X