Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowered price on Gibson Melody Makers

Originally posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
    I thought it was bright because generally people say an instrument with a maple fretboard will be brighter than a rosewood board.
    Maybe brighter than rosewood, but still not a bright wood IMO. And I think the difference in tone between fingerboards is heavily exaggerated/imagined. But listen to the difference between a flat-top LP and a gold top, or go play one of these Melody Makers, or the new Krist Novoselic bass. Play a Norlin maple-necked Paul too. Those guitars all have a muffled and/or imbalanced high end.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: Lowered price on Gibson Melody Makers

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      Toys for a beginner.
      As Melody Makers always have been, and always should be to warrant the name Melody Maker! But I don't think they are toys, just low-end Gibsons. They are a heck of a lot better than a Johnson, a Jay Turser, or some such crap. I am glad to see an American company that makes lower-end guitars here in the States, instead of having them shipped in. I have played a MM as one of my main guitars for 8 years now, and it not only does it's job, but it is a damned fine instrument. Cheap, yes, but not even close to being toys that are only suited to beginners.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 02-13-2012, 09:20 PM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X