Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't click here if you hate HH Teles

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    I have the same pickup waiting to go into a Tele type thing, very glad to hear your glowing review!
    Sweet, let us know what you think. I don't know if it would work in a warm LP type guitar, but for a bright and snappy tele it is a match made in heaven.

Comment

The unsung hero of this build is that control plate. It is hard to show off in a photo, but it is really cool, a very dull/worn/aged look to it.

Comment

Love it. I might have gone maple board, but that's just my preference for looks. As a whole that kicks ass. As ImmortalSix said, that black and chrome combo is very nice. Goes well with the tint of the body too.

Originally posted by Franknfilms View Post
        The tiny mighty mite frets are give it a twangy vibe, but it can still crush some metal riffing too. I'm using 52-10 strings to help give it a fatter sound.
        Are you saying the frets give the twang? The size, material, or how they were installed? I ask because I've got an HH Tele that I like the sound of, but don't really know where the twanginess comes from.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Tele's build cost

Excerpt :

Originally posted by Franknfilms View Post
            Ok, I'll break it down . Grand total: $442, but only $353 out of pocket on account of the gift card.
            ====================================

That's really a great bang for the buck man .

Makes me re think my plans on the next axe for me .

Thanks .

Hurricane Ramon
            It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Thumps up. HH teles rule.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                Badass. Who hates HH Teles? The bastards!
                My thoughts exactly.

Awesome guitar, man!
                Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
                Originally posted by jcthejester13
                I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

I'm glad you posted this, because my newest guitar is a tele that's about to be dialed in with that same setup. I like seeing how it looks in your pics.

I really want a TB-59/C splittable, and a SD Mini Hum. What is the function of your stacked pot/tone?
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    I really want a TB-59/C splittable, and a SD Mini Hum. What is the function of your stacked pot/tone?
                    the stacked pot is a bridge volume on bottom, master tone on top. 59/CUSTOM is a brilliant idea

Comment

Originally posted by dvadneau View Post
                      Are you saying the frets give the twang? The size, material, or how they were installed? I ask because I've got an HH Tele that I like the sound of, but don't really know where the twanginess comes from.
                      I'm not sure, but it think small frets and or the saddles are contributing to the twang factor? I prefer jumbo frets but these allow for crazy low action

Comment

can i ask why you have a reversed control plate? do you do a lot of volume swells? i get annoyed when people switch it just cause, especially when people say they change the pickup selector. If you can change the position of a lever switch by hitting it straight on (not the way the lever moves) then it will be much easier for you to change the position of your volume pot when you strum
                        i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Nice. Inspiration to blow more $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                            can i ask why you have a reversed control plate? do you do a lot of volume swells? i get annoyed when people switch it just cause, especially when people say they change the pickup selector. If you can change the position of a lever switch by hitting it straight on (not the way the lever moves) then it will be much easier for you to change the position of your volume pot when you strum
                            Why do you care how he built his partsocaster?

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                              I didn't really think it over, just knew the blacktops flipped it so I thought I'd give it a try.

Comment

Outstanding. Killer looking axe, hope she sounds and plays as good as she looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X