Another: So with all the pot change hoopla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
    Excellent...I Like 500k with my humbuckers...Generally I need more highs in a band scenario....I Like having enough highend to start with and then I Like rolling some of it off...I Like the smaller cap(say .015)at the neck..This allows a slower overall highend rolloff and it's not as dark when close to 0 on the tone pot...For the bridge,the .022 is always a very workable value for me for both 250k and 500k values...

Normally though it's mids and highs that need to standout in order to cut right,especially for soloing!
    Yeah. I have 500k's in all my guitars now. The SG Classic with P-90's was the only one that didn't. It's got the stock .022 tone caps in it. They're fine for me. I rarely use the tone control anyway.

Comment

Re: Another: So with all the pot change hoopla

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      Yeah. I have 500k's in all my guitars now. The SG Classic with P-90's was the only one that didn't. It's got the stock .022 tone caps in it. They're fine for me. I rarely use the tone control anyway.
      See I ride my volume and tone controls and I don't like everything always on 10 on my guitars...The G&L PTB system is great.It allows actually removing seperate highs and lows,instead of just making the overall tone dark and muddy..
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
        See I ride my volume and tone controls and I don't like everything always on 10 on my guitars...The G&L PTB system is great.It allows actually removing seperate highs and lows,instead of just making the overall tone dark and muddy..
        I'll ride the volume if I need to get a lighter drive or different feel or need more dynamics, depends on the song. But usually, I like it wide open. I love the tone control on my SG Jr. With the single pickup it allows me to fake a nice neck tone easily enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          I'll ride the volume if I need to get a lighter drive or different feel or need more dynamics, depends on the song. But usually, I like it wide open. I love the tone control on my SG Jr. With the single pickup it allows me to fake a nice neck tone easily enough.
          It's funny how most of the time we don't give the amp and stuff in between the guitar and amp any credit... ;o)
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Peace.

I simply put into too caffeinated words that we agree in the first place. The resistor trick only works for simulating full open volume pot. Anybody who like a well working taper has no choice but to test actual pots.

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
              Peace.

I simply put into too caffeinated words that we agree in the first place. The resistor trick only works for simulating full open volume pot. Anybody who like a well working taper has no choice but to test actual pots.
              Without reading through the old posts,I think I was talking about pot taper changes using resistors and something about the caps on the tone controls.. ;o)

Comment

Working...
              X