NGD: Must be green guitar weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Must be green guitar weekend

After Toe-Knee's green guitar thread, I thought I'd share my latest acquisition: a 2000 EBMM Axis quit top in emerald green. Green guitars might not have sold well for EBMM or PRS but they're dead sexy to me.

Now I just have to wait for the man in Brown to bring it to me...

Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Re: NGD: Must be green guitar weekend

I'm with ya man. I love green guitars. There aren't enough of em!

She's a beaut though. Congrats!

Comment

Its a little known industry fact that green guitars always sound better than non- or un-green ones.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

That is amazing. Have you used one of the D-tunas in the past? If so how are they? I've always been tempted by them.

And i also agree that the world needs more green guitars!
        Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
        WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
        http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Originally posted by Toe-Knee View Post
          That is amazing. Have you used one of the D-tunas in the past? If so how are they? I've always been tempted by them.

And i also agree that the world needs more green guitars!
          Thanks!

I've only tried the D-Tuna in stores but it seems to work well enough if the trem is dive-only.
          My Music

Comment

I love the Axis guitars, not huge on green but she's pretty enough...
            "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

Green guitars look cool, almost as cool as purple/blue guitars in fact, and that's EXTREMELY cool!!!

Happy new guitar day man!!!
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                Green guitars look cool, almost as cool as purple/blue guitars in fact, and that's EXTREMELY cool!!!

Happy new guitar day man!!!
                Missed out on a blue one about a week ago. Just saw a purple one for sale on the EBMM board. It wouldve made a fine consolation prize if i couldnt close the deal for this one I like green just a tiny bit more than purple bur a fair bit more than blue. I just couldn't bring myself to get the typical transparent yellow, even though the yellow ones can be found for a fair bit less money.
                My Music

Comment

Since this is the guitar I'm taking to Guitar Workshop next month, I decided to do something about the 12 years of fret wear on this guitar. It was definitely playable but I figured that with the hours I'll be putting on the guitar in the coming weeks it would be good to have a great setup.

I sent it to Phil Jacoby (www.philtone.com) for a Plek/refret in stainless steel. He's redefined the phrase "as low as possible without buzzing". It's not super shredder low but I can't do that because I like to smack the strings around when playing rhythm. Even so, it's definitely playable:
                  • Relief ~.010" @ 8th fret measured at pitch in playing positon w/feeler gauge & straightedge along centerline of neck
                  • Action .060-.070" bottom string to top 12th fret (fretted @ 1st to remove nut from measurement)
                  • Nut Height ~.020 w/ above spec to top 1st fret
                  Between the sweet setup, minimal fret wear (due to the stainless), and easy bending stainless frets, this guitar is going to spoil me. Fortunately, I also have a Rosewood Axis Super Sport in the shop for the same treatment. The rest of my guitars are probably going to be relegated to B team status...at least until they get sent in for similar treatment.
                  My Music

Comment

Ive always wanted a purple one of these. (or black quilt) I was hot and bothered (AND BROKE) when they recently reissued all those colors..

This is gorgeous! Congrats!

Ive had a couple of guits with Dtunas on them and they work remarkably well. I had one that I could never get in tune with one and ended up scrapping it, but otherwise, good result..
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice I always wanted an Axis. And I love Green its my fav colour and I love Green, guitars. My Flying V is Green.
                      sigpic
                      Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
                      JFG Flying V,
                      "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
                      John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Green + Maple fretboard = WIN.

Congratulations man!
                        Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                        Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                        Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                        Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Wow that's awesome! Congrats. I'm not usually a fan of green but that is one sexy guitar. I love it. I would put in a serious bid if that guitar went up for sale. Great score.

Comment

How this guitar is compared to the old peavey model?

Comment

I love it. And I love green guitars in general. Trans green + maple neck = killer. I am building a '51 style P Bass, and I cannot decide between shiny trans green, Francis Rossi-style green, or opaque red. Your pix add more weight to the shiny trans green idea. I'd also love to have a trans green Les Paul some day...and I love that BFG Gator with just a few cosmetic changes (mainly putting regular knobs on it and dying the fretboard black).

Francis Rossi used a fence and shed paint which is no longer made due to environmental issues, but I am sure I could find something similar, or maybe some old stock of the real deal.
                              Last edited by ItsaBass; 06-10-2012, 05:57 AM.
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X